My Friend Santa Claus!

tiredmommy

My friend called me this morning... she was frantic! She had a cart full of Zhu Zhu pets and wanted to know if Duckie still wanted one. The store staff would only let her buy 2 at a time... so she went back and forth buying them 2 by 2. Most of the kids in our circle now have the "it" toy for Christmas (and at sticker price!).

The woman is a saint, lol! :xmasdancers:

DammitJanet

LOL....I saw these on tv and was going to try and get some for Keyana but they are sold out everywhere here. Maybe next year.

Lothlorien

Missy and Mighty Mouse have been wanting them since the summer....I should have grabbed them, then. How awesome that your neighbor got them!

mstang67chic

Going Green
My friend was looking at these online since she can't find the hamsters much in stores. There were some on Ebay that people were bidding on and they were going for upwards of $40 JUST for the hamsters!!! Amazing.

They look cute but also like something that the novely would wear off pretty quick. Do they do anything other than zoom through their tubes and houses?

Kathy813

Staff member
This reminds me of the Cabbage Patch doll craze in the early eighties. I wasn't married yet but my sister in law was desperate to find them for my nieces. I found out that a local discount store was getting in a shipment at 9:00 on a Sunday morning.

I was at the store at 6:00 a.m. to get in line. I was dating husband at the time and he volunteered to get up and stand in line with me so I could get 4 (2 per customer).

I married that man.:happy-very:

I hope that Duckie loves her Zhu-Zhu pet.

~Kathy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I didn't know what age they were for?
N has been asking for one so I told mother in law to look when she was asking for ideas. I then said well grab one for K so they can play together. Now I am glad I did.
N tends to actually play with her toys for a long time, which is nice.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I haven't got a clue what the heck a ZuZu pet is???? lol

But I think we did something similar with Kayla and a Bratz doll. I don't see them much around here anymore and K says she's not seeing alot there. But Kayla has her heart set. Now although I found one at Odd Lots I refused to buy it. I've already warned all my girls I'm am sooooo not contributing to that scene. Barbie? sure. So Uncle Travis picked it up for her and at a steal. lol Good thing as easy child and Nichole feel the same way about them as I do and wouldn't have bought it either.

Me? I'm going bonkers trying to find something sturdy and inexpensive to house zoo animals I bought for Aubrey a few years back. This tells you how long I've been searching. And I'll be keeping my eyes open again when I shop with easy child tomorrow. But if anyone comes across something fairly cheap but sturdy give me a yell. Nichole found a couple but OMG I can't afford 50 bucks for it this year!!

Duckie is sooooooo gonna be thrilled xmas morning. :D

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope Duckie loves her pet. I can just see the way my cats would eat a zhu zhu. If we told them they couldn't have her they would refuse to get mice ever again. We live out in the country, so that won't work!!!

Your friend truly IS a sweetie!

Mattsmom277

We can't find them for the life of us in Canada either, sold out. I'm glad your friend called you :) They look like a cute toy.

Janet, the Bratz dolls aren't around much since many were no longer allowed to be sold. They got sued by the Barbie corporation and they lost, thus many can no longer be sold. Soon, there will be none to be had in the stores at all. easy child has always loved them. She isnt' much into girly things but loved those bratz dolls and accessories. She has loads. Sad they can't sell them.

DammitJanet

Not me that wanted Bratz...lol. Daisylover.

Keyana isnt even to Barbies yet. Little secret, Grandpapa got her the Loving Family Doll house by Fisher Price which has little people dolls in it. He didnt get the mega bonus set with all the furniture like I hinted strongly for...sigh. That means we have to go buy extra furniture...lol. I sent Cory out to buy the rooms of furniture for it as HIS Xmas presents for her. That should confuse the H out of her when she gets those before she gets the actual doll house. I think he is going to just keep them put up until she gets back with the house. He got her a bunch of other stuff too.

Plus we got her a ton of stuff so she wont notice the absence of a few packs of doll furniture.