My girl grows up!

Penta

I don't post much now, but do read often and just wanted to say what a proud G-Ma I am at this moment in time.

My girl has truly grown up! She received her grades from her second year in college today 3As and 2 Bs. She has a 3.5 grade point average...this achievement, even with dyslexia and related Learning Disability (LD) struggles.

Tomorrow she is off to Europe to study for 6 weeks. She made this happen all on her own with no input from me, financial or otherwise. She applied for a scholarship, got all her paperwork, passport, documentation, credit card, euros etc single handedly and now is off for the adventure of her life.

When she was 14, I wasn't sure either of us would survive and now our lives are completely different.

witzend

:fan:

Penta, it couldn't have happened to a nicer family! You all have been through so much, it's a real tribute to both of your that she has come this far!

:yourock:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I got goose bumps reading this. Thank you so much for sharing this! I'm glad to hear things are going so well.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh my gosh!! Good to *see* you again.

Your daughter seems to be on an exciting path. What a wonderful adventure.

Keep us informed of her progress.

Abbey

Andy

Thank you for letting us know that all those "How can I handle one more thing" moments that are usually just the first step in an incredibly long horrid week or month or year can have a successful ending. Your girl has learned the secret in life, "I am in charge of myself and I can handle anything."

Congratulations to both of you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Penta,

Nice to see you. But nicer still to hear such remarkable news. It gives me hope.

Come around more when you can.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh Penta....thank you for sharing this with us. I can hear the pride in your voice.

You have been the ultimate :warrior: mom for your difficult child. She has come out the other end (adulthood) stronger & able to survive in the "real" world.

Let your difficult child know that this board auntie is so very proud. It gives me hope for kt & wm.