My Goodness Gracious...my post was deleted because it contained ???

DDD

I just posted on the DWTS's thread and when I went to send an ominous message popped up saying that (hmmm...how was it worded?) my post was unacceptable and I have been reported. To whom??
Bg Brother, lol??

The only words I used were "bra" "thigh" "undergarments" and "flabby arms". Now I'm really curious if this will get deleted. Come on people I'm a little old lady who doesn't use vulgarity. I'm insulted. @^#^# ! DDD

DDD

I did put quotes around a few words but none of them were unacceptable. Oh well, I lost a long post which chapped me off but on the other hand I've posted too much the last couple of days anyway, lol. Thanks, Insane. DDD

keista

LMAO is that allowed?

I find the censors to be a bit erratic at times. Just today I saw someone "got away with" hedoublehockeystix. Maybe because it was all lowercase?

InsaneCdn

Maybe the moderators will "find" it (I'm assuming it gets sent to them so they can "handle" it), then maybe they can post it for you (cleaned up if necessary?)

R

runawaybunny

I just checked both the mod queue and the mod activity log and the only moderation activity that has been logged today is the banning of a spammer so I wanted to let you know that it seems something else must have happened to your post. The mods didn't touch it.

We do have a censored word list but if you did include one of those words in your post it would have simply been replaced by ***, not deleted or reported to anyone.

The software does divert messages that contain words frequently used by spammers into the moderation queue where they would have to be approved by a mod prior to displaying on the public forum. The message that would have displayed to you after submitting a post that was diverted by the spam filter is:
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum.

I know it's terribly frustrating to spend the time to write a post and then have something go wrong and lose it. The latest version of this software does include an auto-save feature which may have saved what you wrote if the submission failed. If you go back to the thread and click reply your text may still be auto-saved there.

Either way I just wanted to let you know that whatever happened to your post had nothing to do with anything that the mods did. I'm very sorry for the confusion and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

DammitJanet

Yeah...I just went to find someone and cheryl was already here...lol.

I have made a mistake before on posting something and I had to type a code in to make sure I was a human and not a spammer.

That restore/save feature is great but you have to be on the advance part. Has saved my hiney several times.

R

runawaybunny

Now that you mention it Janet it could have been the security filter. I forgot about that.

A few weeks ago this site was bombarded by a network of chinese computers so we increased security to keep them from taking the whole site down. As a result every once in a while you may have to type in one of those annoying codes to prove that you're a human and not a bot. I have no idea what text the security companies screening messages contain so perhaps that is what DDD saw.

DammitJanet

I cant remember what I was typing in myself. It may have had something to do with a tv show come to think about it. Then when I hit submit, it took me to a page that said hello, we assume you are a human but you have to prove it to us. LOL.

Steely

I remember that because I was trying to change my sig and it kept asking me to type in "the above letters" to "secure the change" to my sig, and then it kept saying security denied. I blew it off, because I figured it would work itself out and it did.

DDD

Thanks for trying to figure it out. It was not a message that said "xxx you will be returned to the forum". It was a full screen with a yellow background. I don't remember the exact words (heck I don't remember what I wrote, lol) but it basically said "your post included unacceptable words (or words that are not appropriate for the Forum)" and ?? you will not be allowed to post. A report is being made to the Forum". Yep, something like that but other words too and a full screen message. I had to x out and then enter the site again. Anyway I know there were no unacceptable words nor any play on words in that post. Some day, lol, my calm demeanor may get off track and I'll post a bunch of four letter words to let off steam...but not this week. DDD

N

Nomad

Maybe on that particular site they have had problematic posters/behaviors and so they have set the censor (security filter) to ultra sensitve.
And I agree, quotes might help with words that are sort of debatable.
I don't think those words would normally be an issue!!!
My guess is the site has had some problems and they are super duper sensitive... probably not a human actually reading the stuff anyway.
Try not to worry about it.
It's just a tad emabarassing for a fleeting moment.
Chalk it up for one to tell us gals....goooood story!!! (and we always like these!!! :) )

DDD

I hope the Robot only wants the name and password. Anything more complex than that I'll fail. DDD

DammitJanet

I think it did want my ID and Password...which it auto filled and then it did one of those scrambled word thingy's.

I have never had one of those yellow screen of deaths though.

And I think I have cussed out the censors a few times. I know we get a ton of spammers who send things through but they normally get sent away before they can hit the site. The only thing I can think of is that the combination of those words in a complete sentence confused the spam filter and maybe it thought it was a spammer advertising for one of those sites selling enhancements. Its possible that if you hadnt put them in quotes it would have gone through just fine.