My Graduate.....

Well my wonderful son will be graduating in about two weeks. We went tonight to get him a button down collar shirt and tie. He looks really handsome. I am so proud of him. He wants to be successful and we are all behind him. I really need to focus my attention on him. Tonight instead of going to my exercise class we went to get him a shirt and I missed Alanon because he asked me if I wanted to see a movie - I cant pass up the opportunity to see a free movie with my son. So I did. I was completely lost in the movie but enjoyed being with him. My husband is away this week visiting his parents. He worries about them. His brother is in the hospital with a ruptured pancreas. He has been in intensive care. I miss my husband. It seems he is the one that can put his foot down. My difficult child it seems is just getting worse instead of better. He will go to court on Wednesday.

witzend

I'm glad that you are spending time with your son. He totally deserves your support and attention. This is an important and stressful time for him, so keep being there for him. You must be so proud!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Stands you must be proud! :D Graduation is such a milestone. I'm glad you skipped other things and spent time with your son. I'm sure he is too. How sweet of him to invite you to the movies. Most boys his age are still embarrassed to be seen at such places with their parents. Happy memory making tonight.

Good for you. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
WELL OF COURSE he's HANDSOME!!!!!! lol - and smart and wonderful and asked his MOTHER to see a movie with him? I LIKE THIS KID!!!!!!!

Sounds like he's just a love.....You're lucky to have a son like this Stands. Cherish him.

Hugs & Congrats -
dang it - I hate to get teary over the things our kids do for us Moms - but that was just sweet of him.....wow - what a sweetheart.

What does he want to do after HS?

On to College? Hmmmm?

Estherfromjerusalem

Congratulations, Stands. Sounds like a great kid you've got there!

Enjoy the graduation. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it. Make sure you have a good supply of Kleenex!!!!!

Love, Esther

gottaloveem

Stands,
Congratulations on your son's graduation.
I love that he asked you to go to a movie with him. I say that is way worth missing your other things for.
For now, pour all your attention and time on him, not his brother. This is the good kid, and the one who deserves all of the attention from you.
I'm very happy for you that your son is graduating. Is he going to college next year?

Lia

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Ah, this is a positive, uplifting moment to hang on to. Drop other obsessions and focus on this wonderful boy and event ahead. How absolutely wonderful!

:bravo: to your easy child, Susan!

Suz

Thanks and yes he is going to a technical school here in our town. He wants to be an engineer so if he gets an associate he can do something with that - but if he wants he can go to a four year college. He has good grades and is a wonderful young man. We went and got him a button down collar shirt and he tried his graduation outfit on and I about cried - he looked so grown up - there are so many things that I have experienced with him that I didnt experience with my other two. My daughter was so into her boyfriend (her hubby now) then that she went with us to eat dinner and then he and she left. I didnt take many pictures of her and her friends because she didnt have time - for my easy child son I will take tons of pictures and make him a collage of his high school stuff - normal stuff - happiness is what you make it I guess - I used to be happier when I didnt have a lot to worry about but now it is all about what you choose to worry about and what you can do about it instead. I never thought I had a choice but to worry!

maril

:student: Congratulations to your graduate! He sounds like a great young guy. He is your youngest?

My daughter graduated college in 12/08 with commencement just recently. I am so proud, too.

I wish your DS many successful and prosperous years ahead.

everywoman

- happiness is what you make it I guess - I used to be happier when I didnt have a lot to worry about but now it is all about what you choose to worry about and what you can do about it instead. I never thought I had a choice but to worry!

Yeah Susan. You are finally getting it. It's not that the rest of us don't worry. We do. But we have chose not to let that be our focus. I spent so many years trying to "fix" difficult child that I missed so much in life. Finally, after years, I am beginning to enjoy myself. I am busy doing things. I go places; I see friends---heck I actually have friends now---I am pledging ADK---the teacher sorority on Thursday night. I am my school's Teacher of the Year---I am on numerous county education and civic boards. I am able to do these things because I let go of trying to fix my difficult child and let him live his life the way he wants. You are slowly getting there---believe me, it is so worth it on this side of the detachment fence.

witzend

I used to be happier when I didnt have a lot to worry about but now it is all about what you choose to worry about and what you can do about it instead.

That's the ticket, Susan. You will be happier now that you know the secret.

Steely

Susan - I am so happy for you. Relish in this moment. Having easy child treat you so wonderfully must be so uplifting and such affirmation of your value as a mom. I say this only because I think if I had another son that is doing what your easy child is - I think I personally would accept less of the guilt that my mind tries to feed myself for difficult children life. It is all about perspective.

Hugs.
Steely