My granddaughter watches too much TV

muttmeister

difficult child#2 called me last week to babysit. I told him I was tired and didn't want to do it but it was 7 o'clock and he promised me he'd be home by 8:30 so I figured it would be OK. He finally showed up at 2:30 A.M.!!!!:mad:
While I was sitting there growling and feeling sorry for myself, granddaughter (age 4) says, "Maybe you're depressed." She proceeded to spout, word for word, the commercial on TV about depression.:tongue: I told her, "No, I'm not depressed. This is what mad as hades looks like." So now she'll have a new word to use on mom and dad.:faint:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Scary! LOL
This is one of the reasons I am so glad they developed DVR! I try to skip through the commercials as often as possible. K is like an announcer, but she does it with cleaning products.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It has always been interesting to me as to which commercials "get" kids. Strange that it would be one for depression. Especially at 4.

beth

DammitJanet

LOL...Keyana asked me the other day..."Whats in your wallet?"

Took me a few minutes to figure out what she was talking about.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

Aubrey sings the jingles instead. I'm not sure if that's better or not.

That 2am thing is the reason I require grandkids to be in bed most of the time I watch them....especially if it's evening. Especially with Nichole. easy child isn't so bad about it. She and sister in law always get back when they say they will.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Another LOVELY vote for DVR.......

ANyone else noticed that the commercials are longer than the TV shows? Whats up with that?

Mutt - I think 2:30 AM is ridiculous - maybe you should introduce your son to a commercial about being responsible without excuses.....done YOUR way. Even get your granddaughter to help skit it out.

:surprise: