My gut tells me that something is amiss.

DDD

I don't know that my gut is right. on the other hand, we all know about our guts! I am not full of fear nor do I need Board support....yet. Geez, I hope I'm wrong! easy child/difficult child has not had any motivation since the brain surgery and not much before. He is staying in close touch (we see him almost every day and he spends alot of time with us) but he is living with an old friend who is not a pillar of the community. He is hanging with the same people he hung out with as a teen. They are older. Some are married with-kids. I don't think they are just drinking together. Lordy I woud love to be wrong. DDD

Nancy

I hate those gut feelings, in my experience they are usually correct. The first clue I had that difficult child was relapsing was the people she was hanging with. Her behavior at home was the last to deteriorate, she tried holding that together to throw us off the track.

Sending good thoughts to you, hoping you are wrong too.

Nancy

I too hate the gut feeling. I believe it is your intuition and subconscious reading the clues when your conscious mind is in denial. I have rarely known it be wrong - in fact I can't remember when my foreboding turned out to be a false alarm. (Gee, that doesn't sound too encouraging.) I hope your gut is wrong, but - prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. I hate the gut feeling too. Mine isn't wrong often, darn it. (sometimes I wish it was)

I hope yours is wrong this time and it's just a false alarm.

I'm getting a nagging feeling over katie. I'm currently trying to ignore it. Telling myself it's just PTSD from last time around. :sigh:

((hugs))

Yup. I hate the gut feeling too. Mine isn't wrong often, darn it. (sometimes I wish it was)

I hope yours is wrong this time and it's just a false alarm.

I'm getting a nagging feeling over katie. I'm currently trying to ignore it. Telling myself it's just PTSD from last time around. :sigh:

((hugs))
Maybe the "gut feeling" is a form of PTSD: Pre Traumatic Stress Disorder?

elizabrary

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. But in my experience also, my gut is rarely wrong. I have learned to not dismiss those feelings, but to pay attention. 99% of the time it's a warning something is amiss. Let's hope this is the 1%! Hang in there!

DDD

It's so nice to reach out to people who understand "guts". Once or twice in my fifty years of parenting I have been wrong. I'm hoping I am this time. Time will tell but I steadfastly hope for the best and stay prepared for the worst. Crazy life we all lead. Thanks. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Once or twice in my fifty years of parenting I have been wrong.

i WISH I HAD YOUR GUTS........LOL. :notalone:

Hang in there D3 - I'm hoping at least in this case you are rrrr....rrrrrrrrrr.....r.rrrrrrrr wrong. (at least that's how we say it in our house) lol

DDD

You know that I have always called him easy child/difficult child...it really fits, lol. The past two days he has stayed at our home and is a delight to have around. Today he is working so husband doesn't have to. He's volunteered to take Ace to the groomer this weekend. He went out the other night and was proud of himself because "I had five girls that wanted to take me home and I didn't go with any of them. Not only that I ony drank a little bit so I actually remember what I said to each of them and what they said to me."

Strange life we live! by the way when he went to the bar he didn't plan to drink at all. A local police officer bought him a shot and sent it to the table for him. easy child/difficult child said "I didn't want it but even though I am off probation I figured I better do what he wanted me to do...especially becaue he was blasted." WTH! This community is not my cup of tea! DDD

saving grace

UGH I hate the "gut" its usually an indication of something or your "self" trying to tell you to pay attention, to what? who knows but keep your eyes and ears open. It may not be what you expect but if could be something