My husband rocks!! Anyone listen to NPR?

susiestar

Roll With It
I think I posted a while ago that husband was interviewed for an episode of "The Takeaway" on NPR. They actually have had him on either 2 or 3 times now. They like him because even though he has been out of work for over a year he still has a great attitude and is upbeat for the most part.

Last time he suggested that he would be great as a regular or semi-regular on the show.

He got an email today saying that they want to talk to him on Friday again AND have decided that they want him to be a regular on the show!!! While I don't think they will pay him, it is still GREAT exposure and handy networking and will look great on a resume!!!

So for any of you who listen to NPR regularly, you just might get to hear from my husband!! If you want his name, PM me. I don't know what time it is on - I think it changes based on where you are.

I am SO PROUD of him - he worked himself into this all on his own!!

He also does a LOT of work for the univ athletic dept through a temp agency. The head of the univ athletics is having a banquet and asked if the agency had anyone they wanted to honor - and they picked husband!! He is always upbeat (even after 15 hours of dealing with rowdy and/or drunk football fans!!) and is willing to do whatever is needed.

I bet husband's next interview will have a referral from the coach - and he is a BIG DEAL around here - truly one of the most influential men in town and in the entire state!

It has been a really tough year for us, and esp for husband. He just never lets it get him too down and finds a way to enjoy almost everything - even time spent dealing with people who don't respect boundaries!! It is really nice to hear others recognize how great he is !!!

H

HaoZi

Great to hear he's so upbeat about it, and I hope the networking does bring a nice job his way that he enjoys. :)

katya02

Solace
That's great! Congratulations to you and husband! I hope this exposure leads to something really good for him.
He deserves it, and so do you. :)

Fran

Former desparate mom
Susiestar, I just really got back into NPR in the last few months. I love it until I get sick of politics. I'll listen for your husband.
Very cool. They have amazing pieces that are moving and educational.
Congratulations to your husband.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ummm at the risk of sounding utterly stupid................ what is NPR? And how does one listen to it? Cuz I would love to listen to husband on any show he's on.

Huge congrats to him! Maybe this will open some pretty awesome doors for him.:bravo::bigsmile:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow cool. I love this place. I learn something new everyday. Off to check it out...........

Um when is this show on so I'll be able to check that out as well? lol

HMBgal

They will call him around five am on Friday. Not sure what time it airs. I will post it when I get the time from husband.
I'm a regular NPR listener...best radio there is, in my opinion. "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" makes me laugh so hard, as does Prairie Home Companion, Car Talk, and This American Life is so interesting. Could you PM me your DHs name so I can listen for him? He sounds like quite a guy that has something important to share.

witzend

I'm just seeing this now. Can you tell me which date he was on, and I will listen to the podcast!

NPR is the BEST for news and entertainment.

DDD

I don't listen often but I will. You are a lucky woman to have a husband who is able to keep his head up and always looking for worthwhile things to do. So often depression sets in for men when they hit bumps in the road. I'm genuinely impressed. I'll pay attention to your posts so I can make a point of listening. That's so cool! DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
This IS an old thread. He actually has been on the Straight Away several times over the last year or so. I will ask when he was last on and let you know.

HMBgal

Ooopsie--I see now that the original thread was over a year ago! Podcasts are great things...and hope all is well:)