My life feels like it's been flipped upside-down

Mom2oddson

My head and heart are still spinning. husband was finally on his way home after being in San Deigo for 127 days. He's on his motorcycle coming on, traveling on I-5.....When some thing dropped a pipe in the middle of his lane.

husband was able to keep control of his bike, he was very lucky!! But, now the bike wasn't so lucky. It took a mortal wound of a pipe through the whole cooling system. He's 767 miles away from home and over-whelmed.

Things are good. The insurance company towed the bike to the dealers shop. Of course, the three hour wait for the tow truck meant the shop was closed when they got there. So, now we wait for the shop to open and give an estimate on the repairs.

I'm having a hard time dealing with just how close husband came to becoming road kill. He won't go into details with me....knows I'd lose it, but he did say it took every skill he had to not lay down his bike. I'm having a hard time dealing with the tears. All I want to do is get in the car and fly down there to see for myself that he's okay.

But, the good side of yesterday was my difficult child/easy child Daughter got her grades. Switching her to a private school worked. She's doing all her schoolwork and she has great grades. So, she is elligable to get her learners permit. So, my Dad went out and bought her a used car for her 16th B-day. (That might help with the depression?)

Thanks for listening.

nvts

Whoa! That's a major obstacle to avoid - he must be really great on a bike!

Don't you love that you're so good at staying calm, cool and collected when you get a phone call like that, then you hang up and the adrenaline kicks in?

husband was run off the road by a drunk driver, hit a fire hydrant, the car flipped and skidded on the roof for 50 feet. I took the call, got to the ER, he was banged up and stiff, but all was well. We went to the towing facility to empty out the car - I took everything out of it, put it in my car, drove two blocks and had to pull over because I got the shakes. Freaked me out seeing how busted up the car was.

Great news all around, he's safe, difficult child's doing well and you know that he's being well taken care of!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay hon -

BREATHE.........and WHEN HE GETS HOME -

TELL HIM -

YOU LOVE HIM.

The rest is behind you both.

Then, when he's sleeping,,,,roll the bike out of the garage, and push it as far down the hill as it will go......then go back to bed, sell it in the morning for salvage......and just smile like you have NO idea where it went.

BIG HUGS = He's on his way home, he is okay - and now you can "kill" him. lol

gcvmom

Here we go again!
SO glad he's okay! His guardian angels were surely doing overtime!

There has been a huge increase in motorcycle-related accidents and fatalities here in SoCal in the past few years with the increase of fuel costs -- it is so tragic. I hope your husband seriously rethinks this mode of transportation, especially in such high traffic regions like where he is now.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Andy

I am so glad he is safe. How very scary!

On my way to the cities, I saw more motorcycles than normal. One passed me going over 80 miles per hour. I had watched it come up on me from a distance in the heavy traffic. All I could think was I am NOT going to change lanes until he has passed me. I was so scared he would find himself in my blind spot the second I wanted to move over.

I think motorcycles are a great way to save on gas but not sure if freeways are for them? To easy to have a split second accident that ends in fatality. A few weeks ago, a passenger of a motorcycle on the freeway fell off and was hit by several cars. It was dark and no one could see what they were coming up to. One driver was a 23 yr old girl (a friend's daughter). Just imagine what she is going to have to go through. And for the passenger's family? How tragic - of course, the news will not do follow ups so we will never know why she fell off.

F

flutterbee

I'm so glad he is safe. I imagine your heart was in your throat.

Deep breaths.

(((hugs)))

TerryJ2

Whew. I know you two will still be shaking in a wk. That's really scary. Motorcycles are vulnerable anyway with-o falling pipes.
I'm so glad he's okay.
Your daughter must be thrilled with-her "new" car! Way To Go, Grandpa. What a support system.

susiestar

Roll With It
He truly must be very skilled on the motorcycle. I am glad he was not hurt, I hope that no problems set in tomorrow.

I hope the dealer can fix the bike quickly.

Hugs to all of you.

K

Kjs

OMG - count your blessings that he avoided the obstacle.

that is really good news.