My M&M's smell like Pepto-Bismal

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, since I do not live in the USA I don't know about M&Ms, but all I can say on this thread is that it is WONDERFUL TO SEE STAR!! Star,I love you and I have missed you so much. So I send you a big hug and hope to see you around a bit more -- please.

Love, Esther

Wil Brisson

I've had this happen before. They are the regular milk-chocolate M&M's. For the longest time, I couldn't identify what the smelled like, but I've now identified as Pepto-Bismal. It's just a bag every once in a while.

They taste ok, but it sure takes the enjoyment out of eating them. I wonder what's causing them to smell like that. I opened the bag and there was the smell so it's not like someone here spilled Pepto-Bismal on them..

Thanks do much, just had such a bag yesterday, though I originally described it as a minty medicinal taste and smell, had two others verify this to confirm it was not just me...bought another bag and they were fine...pep to bismol would b a good description as well, thought maybe bag was penetrated by smell of some adjacent candy...though smell was only obvious upon opening....explanation of being the result of leftover scents from a previous run of mint flavored candies seems plausible. The same day at same store bought a bag of oreos that had a handful of cookies missing...resealable bags not tamper proof..and yes I was binging after. A week of studying for a cert. exam.