My mom is at peace now

KFld

I just wanted to let you all know that my mom passed away at 7:00 last night after her long battle with cancer. My dad and my brother were with her.

I had many friends around me last night which made it a little easier for me that I wasn't there with her. I also think I am going to officially change my sons status to easy child/former difficult child. I called him at work to tell him his grandma died and at 10:00 last night the doorbell rang and he was standing on my front porch with his girlfriend. He said he just had to come see me. I don't even know if he realizes how much it meant to me that he was there for me for a change.

Thanks for all your prayers and support for my mom these past few weeks.

I will talk to you all very soon.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Many gentle hugs.
I'm glad your son stepped up to be a young man of character.
I'm sorry for your loss, Karen.

K

Kjs

So sorry for your loss. It is heart warming to hear how your son stepped up to support you.

Kathy813

Staff member
Karen, I am so sorry about the loss of your mom. I'm glad that she had your father and brother with her at the end and that you were just down there to see her.

Bravo to your difficult child (soon to be renamed) for stepping up and doing the right thing. That was very easy child.

~Kathy

Nancy

I'm glad she is at peace now Karen but I'm so sorry for your loss and sadness. Your son sounds like he is understanding what family means. I'm sure that gave your heart a hug.

Nancy

DammitJanet

Im sorry for your loss but glad she is out of pain and at peace now. How nice that easy child/former difficult child is getting what family means now.

I will be keeping your family in my thoughts.

witzend

I'm sorry for your loss, Karen. Your family is in my prayers. I'm glad that your brother was able to be with her in the end, and that your now easy child has stepped up. It's very bittersweet.

DDD

Well, easy child/former difficult child brought tears to my eyes as I envisioned
your pleasure seeing him at your doorway. He's come a long way!
I am relieved that you no longer have to worry about your Mom being in pain and very happy your brother was able to be there
with your Dad. Sending supportive hugs and prayers. DDD

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ahhh...such sorrow. But at least it sounds as she is at peace. Hugs to you and your family. I've never been through that, so I don't have much advice to give.

Abbey

busywend

Sorry to hear of your mom's passing. She is at peace now. HUGS!

Your difficult child is a fine young man. Bravo to him for thinking of you.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
The loss of one's Mother is beyond words... I am thinking of you and sending gentle hugs and support.

F

flutterbee

I am so sorry for your loss. I'm sure now easy child made your heart sing.

Gentle hugs...