My mom's kitty is dying

F

flutterbee

Devon found this kitty - Crystal - almost 7 years ago. It would be 7 years in January. She was freezing and huddled under a dumpster. Obviously had belonged to someone at one point.

She's been suffering from hyperthyroidism for a couple of years. They had estimated her age when they found her at about 1 1/2 years. When they diagnosis'd the hyperthyroid, they said she was probably older than what they thought - around 12-14. She's been on medication, but they said ultimately her kidney's or her heart would fail.

She appears to be in kidney failure. She can't walk. She takes a couple of steps and falls over. She hasn't peed today and keeps throwing up. My mom stayed home with her all day and is just a mess. She doesn't think she'll make it through the night, but if she does she's going to take her tomorrow to have her put down. :crying: This decline has been so sudden.

They plan on burying her on Christmas Day.

I called Devon to let him know. He's coming home in the morning and she will be gone by then. He was the one that found her and convinced my mom to keep her even though she was sick and right off the bat needed surgery to remove bladder stones.

I just feel so bad.

meowbunny

Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm so glad Crystal had such a loving life after such a horrid start. She will definitely be waiting for your mom at the Rainbow Bridge.

HUGS

M

ML

I'm so sorry. Our pets give us so much unconditional love. It's really hard to lose them. Hugs, ML

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Heather...I'm so sorry for all involved. At least she had some great years with your family.

Abbey