My mother...

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Oh, Julia! I didn't expect to read this so soon! I'm so sorry and I'm pulling for you and Duckie.

I had a mom like yours. She died in 2003 and I'm still waiting for the realization to hit. I feel like she never really existed.

DammitJanet

TM....Im sorry. I cant say that I know exactly what you are going through because no one can but I know what I went through. I thought I was ready for my mom to pass and would be fine. I was relieved that she wouldnt be suffering and that some of the harder decisions for her life wouldnt have to be made but all of a sudden, the loss of what never was and what could never be just hit me and took me to my knees. It shocked me to be honest. I never thought that would happen. I didnt think I would grieve her. I did.

It took me quite awhile to understand that.

tiredmommy

Thanks, everyone. I'm fine, I really am. I don't why I've been spared such harsh grief so far though I know it's early. I truly think that my burying my mother in my heart a few years ago has helped... I've grieved the relationship for awhile. And, truth be told, the woman I think of as my mother has been dead a long while.