My Mother's Day started today

Andy

difficult child came to me mid morning - "Mom, can you go into the kitchen and make waffles?" I replied, "It's Mother's Day tommorrow, how about you make waffles?" "In order for my plan to work, you have to go to the kitchen." So, I made waffles for brunch. About an hour later, the door bell rang. It was the mailman with a armful of mail including a brown box that said, "this Sensory Integration Disorder (SID) up" and a letter in difficult child's handwriting that the mailman said he found in our mailbox. difficult child didn't want me to see him go to the mailbox, that is why I had to go to another room. The card read, "Happy Mother's Day Mom! Thank you mom for all the blizzards. Thank you for always putting up with me. I know you just want the best so Happy Mother's Day. Hope you like the present." We have been visiting DQ alot this year for blizzards. The present was a babyfood jar decorated with glitter glue and jewels.

difficult child then called husband to see if he could borrow some money. We went to a grocery store and difficult child bought me a dozen roses (he said he figured out it is cheaper per rose getting a dozen than just a few) and a balloon. He told me he was 21 cents short but the cashier said it was o.k. (I found the cashier and gave him the 21 cents - it was a young man - highschool aged - how sweet of him)

Then husband called asking if we should go out tonight. Just got back from Applebees so I got my spinach shrimp salad.

Tommorrow we grill out - I bought strawberries and individual angelfood cakes for strawberry shortcake - I think I need to have husband buy a salad if he goes to the store in the a.m.

What a wonderful post!!! It is so nice to hear good news first thing in the morning!!! Your difficult child is so thoughtful!!!

The next time things aren't going well, you'll be able to look at the decorated baby food jar and remember things will get better!!! Underneath it all, your difficult child is kind and loving... This is a true gift!!! WFEN