My name is mud. An interesting conversation with Mr Two Brooms

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Sitting around the pool the last night we were with the Brooms, it ended up being just me and Mr Two Brooms. We were talking about nephew and difficult child 1 and the miliraty being good for them, etc. We had hashe around about difficult child 1 for a while, then we were talking about nephew.

Mr Two Brooms referenced the night husband jumped nephew when he wasn't where he was supposed to be. husband's sister (nephew's mom) got mad at husband for doing that. husband caught nephew in town and got onto him because nephew had just been caught with pot and was not where he was supposed to be. Mr Two Brooms knew about husband getting onto nephew, and sister gettingmad about it...so, I said "Yeah, when the pot came onto the scene, I really started worrying about nephew".

Mr Two Brooms didn't know about the pot. He asked if I was sure nephew was caught with pot. I apologized for saying too much, and he said, oh, no...don't apologize. So I said yes, at least twice, once at school andd a fw times at home. That was the end of sister's marriage, too, because her husband found the stuff but wasn't allowed to punish nephew, and sister did nothing. Mr Two Brooms jumped up and said "I knew that little rat was using! I told Two Brooms he was lying thru his teeth, but she just refuses to see anything bad in those kids."

He didn't know. Tho he suspected.

We had a good conversation from there. It made some of my actions make sense to him (and some of their reactions make sense to me). I just hope that Sis and Two Brooms don't catch wind of my "info letting". Or I will be even bigger mud than I am.

Not that I care, tho.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
The truth always prevails -- and that's the most important thing, that it be told. Do give it a second thought. You can just smile and nod your head if anyone gets their panties in a twist over it.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I suspect the old man knew all along and just wanted to see which of his daughters was honest with him. And now? He knows. You done good kid....

Mud Schmud. At least you're not a broom. Youze a Swiffer! ;)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah, I pretty much only care because it makes it that much harder to be there when I have to be. Sister still hates me because I refuse to cut ties with her ex. I've explained that a thousand times...we didn't choose ex over her...we chose to not hang out with a parent who let her kid run and use cause we had boys the same age...

But I pretty much don't care beyond that.

M

ML

Isn't it nice to finally be in a place of complete detachment with that situation? I'm glad you were able to speak freely. You had no agenda, you were just being honest and stating the facts and you can keep your head held high.