My neighbor's generosity has...

tiredmommy

humbled me completely. :crying:

Her husband died suddenly last spring. D was a peach of a guy; always helping others. He was even Santa for our town's kids. His wife C was his Mrs Claus.

C is letting me borrow D's Santa suit for our church holiday party next week. I went next door to pick it up. She's doing great despite her grief, she even played Mrs Claus to another Santa at the rec center two weeks ago.

So we were talking about our favorite gift we had purchased this year and I told her that it was the snow globe I buy Duckie each year so that she will have a collection as an adult.

She teared up and smiled all at once.

She went into the next room and brought out a beautiful Santa snow globe. D collected them and she knew he would want Duckie to have it.

Words cannot express how much this means to Duckie and myself.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I am always speechless at the generosity of spirit of most people. What a wonderful lady but she knows how wonderful you and Duckie are to her and others.
If only that spirit could spread like wildfire.
I love stories like this. Thank you

Ropefree

Banned
We are going through a second Christmas without a really warm and fun neighbor. I e-mailed the brother when I woke up crying on the morning to the day he was found last year. The love it is all about the love.

Special people make things special.

Wiped Out

Staff member
TM,
How very special. Thank you for sharing this-the generosity of others is wonderful to behold.

Jena

How amazing, that is such a great thing to share with all of us. She sounds like an amazing person with such heart and spirit.

everywoman

The kindness of others never ceases to amaze me. Aren't people just grand! I know that Duckie will carry this generous gift into adulthood. The memory of D and his wife will remain etched in her memory. I think the real gift is that Duckie has seen the goodness of others.

Andy

Oh how nice of her! What a very precious gift. Those gifts from the heart outweigh any other gift by far.

Abbey

Spork Queen
How nice. She probably got 10X the pleasure out of giving it to you and Duckie than when her H received it. It doesn't take much to make a person happy, eh? Maybe a nice note from Duckie to her would make her year.

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Oh, TM, what a lady of grace & generousity That she would share something so special with your daughter.

I would hope that some day, your Duckie grows into a lady of grace like your neighbor.

Lothlorien

You and Duckie will always have that to remember him. I'm sure she was happy to give it to you, knowing that it meant so much and your family meant so much to them.

I have a big lump in my throat now.

busywend

I am fighting back the tears. I remember his death last year. I recall what great people they were/are.
You & Duckie are lucky to have such wonderful memories of him and have such a good friend in her.