my odd daughter please help

shavard777

15 year old daughter explodes into tantrums yelling throwing things telling me i am a bad parent i never should have been her mom i never do anything however i am the one who works 60 hours in a week she hates me she doesnt want to be with me i am not a good mom please any suggestion will help at this point i could write a book

ilovedaises

I understand. Mine just locked herself in her schools bathroom after a screaming match with another girl over a pencil. We (husband and. I) feel like we have tried everything. She gets grounded here but at her moms gets told shes not because she is grounded enough over here. What she was grounded for could have had her arrested had the police been called. I don't know what to do anymore! I'm so lost!!!

T

TeDo

Welcome to BOTH of you. ilovedaisies, you should start your own thread and introduce yourself and your daughter and more about her.

sharard777, can you give us specific examples of what kinds of situations cause her to explode? Has she ever seen a child psychiatrist? Is her father around and/or involved? Is she on any medications?

My kids both say VERY hurtful things a lot like what you've said. In my case, I am the ONLY person difficult child 1 feels safe enough to say them to. He ONLY says them in the heat of the moment when his mind is in a tailspin that he can't stop. I work hard at reminding myself it's not HIM saying them intentionally. If he really meant them, he would act it and say them ALL the time but he doesn't. It is ONLY when he's really worked up.

You have both found a great place. The years of experience and knowledge here is next to none. Stick around and you'll see what I mean.