My Ohio Donkey... for Star.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Pulled the car to a screeeeching halt when I was out galavanting about the Ohio/Pennsylvania/West Virginia countryside last week and saw this little guy, and thought of you. :D

He was on a hill above the road somewhere near Tappan Lake:

Nancy

Haha you never know what you will find around here.

I drove to Columbus yesterday, about 2 1/2 hours south of here, for a wedding. It was out in the middle of cornfields and farms. I passed a lot of cows and horses and sheep and even a llama farm.

Nancy

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Nancy, I really enjoyed my little adventure that day :) After living in a state where the landscape is dry and brown most of the year, Ohio's lush greenery and abundant water was a nice change. There is a definite lure for me with the quieter, more rural lifestyle in some of the areas I drove through -- but I don't know if I'd enjoy the weather extremes. Maybe if it was just me and husband... he certainly doesn't miss the snow, though.

So was the wedding nice?

KTMom91

How much does it usually snow, Nancy? Hubby and I loved the weather while we were there. Much more pleasant than the heat wave (over 100) we missed at home.

mstang67chic

Going Green
:rofl:

I had to show those to husband to prove that I'm not the only person who stops along the road to take pictures of donkeys! Cute!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG CHICKEY -

LOOK REALLY CLOSE AT THE VERY LAST PICTURE -

HE IS SMILING!!!!!!!!!! you can see his little donkey teeth!

OH I LOVE THEM THANK YOU!!!! ( I have quite collection :D) Did you have to yell "HEY SEXY LOOK OVER HERE." or something to get that kind of a grin? lol. OH he is so pretty!

Tappan Lake is beautiful! I'm so glad you got to see some of the beautiful back landscape of Ohio - I miss it so much.

THank you so very much for thinking of me! I LOVE IT!!!!!

I drive all over and can't find a donkey anywhere....:(

Star*

call 911........call 911
OHhhhh I have no comment.....none.....nada.....zip.....zoooey.......

except now I am SURE it was NOT the cool whip that broke me out into a rash....haha. :surprise: - that one took a while didn't it????? ;)

DammitJanet

LOL....For several years we had a little burro that lived right behind my house. Not quite a donkey but darned close. I dont know what the guy did with him but every morning and evening you would hear the burro and the peacock if you were in my yard.

Nancy

gcvmom the wedding was nice. easy child was the maid of honor and her duties have been going on and on since last fall lol, so we are both glad it's over. It was a long drive back and forth but she would have been disappointed if I hadn't come to see her all dressed up. She performed her duties well and looked fabulous, as did the bride of course.

KTMom I won't lie, we can get a lot of snow in the winter. I think if you asked most Ohioans they would say they hate our winters but love the other three seasons and that makes up for it. Also the average snowfall can be anywhere from 20-80" depending on where you live. The southern part of the state gets 20" which is bearable. The northern part can get 80" in the snowbelt, but where I live and where we had the get together we usually get about 50-60".

Our fall, spring and summers are usually lovely. I guess that's why so many older Ohioans move south for the winter and come back in spring.

What's nice about Ohio is you can have farm animals right next door to you even though you live in a development. Our development dead ends into a small farm and they have cows that graze in the field. So we get to feel like we live on a farm even though we don't. Many of those farms are leaving when the owners die or move away, but we still have our fair share.

Nancy

Star*

call 911........call 911
I love Ohio......the people there are the nicest anywhere....and then they meet jerks and get married move to Florida - meet a lot of other nice people then move to SC and meet a lot of other nice people but I really want to be back in Ohio.....

DammitJanet

We met lots of nice people on our trip from NC to Ohio. A very nice mechanic right outside Columbus...lol.

Tony and I remarked that we only met one rude person the whole trip and that was a dude who refused to even acknowledge our "hello" at a scenic overlook in West VA.

Oddly enough...does anyone remember the wedding party that was getting pictures done at the RRHofF when we were there? We think we caught up with one of those people on the way home. We stopped at a rest area somewhere in WV and Tony noticed a guy in a Clemson shirt and he had SC plates. Tony asked him where he was from and told him he grew up around Clemson. The guy said he was from Spartanburg SC but he was going home cause he was just in Cleveland for a wedding! Tony said no way...we are heading back to Lumberton NC and we were just in Cleveland too!