My part of MO is ok.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
A couple of folks have messaged or called, so I thought I'd just give a shout out that I am not in the area that was severely affected by the devastating tornado. We had severe weather around us, but nothing like Joplin has suffered.

That said, exMIL (whom I adore) is from that area, and one of my 2 exBIL's lives near there. We have tried not to tie up phone lines calling people, but we do have word that some family and friends are confirmed dead and some are missing. Both exBIL's are professional fire fighters. One left to go help an hour after it hit. The other will be going down to help, also.

Please keep ALL of those folks in your prayers.

Lothlorien

Glad to hear you and your immediate family are all okay. I'm sad to hear that you have family/friends that did not make out so well.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We just got word that one of the missing was found alive. His wife is gone and his daughter was found last night in her crushed car. Her legs are broken but she is alive. Don't know the extent if their injuries beyond that.
Keep praying - those folks need it.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Glad you are OK but so sorry about the family and friends. We have yet to talk to some friends in the area. Took us forever to get ahold of family in Alabama.
This is so sad and scary... I feel so bad for all who have been affected by these storms.

donna723

I'm glad to know you're OK- I was worried about you. So sorry that some were not as fortunate. Sending prayers.

DammitJanet

Shari....I have obviously been in a fog but is this anywhere near the base?

I hadnt heard anything about storms so I am sorry to hear your family has been affected and will be keeping them in my prayers.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
No Janet. Joplin is in the very southwest corner of the state. We've had weather all around, but I've not heard of anything hitting near the base.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Shari - I was thinking about you, but I figured since I was seeing posts on FB you were OK.

I'll pray for those not so fortunate, though... :hugs:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Yeah, in true redneck fashion, we fried fish and made ce cream during the storm that hit us. But it was nothing compared to what others got.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Whew! Glad you're ok, Shari. So sorry about extended family and friends.

Saying prayers and holding good thoughts for those affected by these latest nasty storms.

Hugs