My physical therapist is a saint

tictoc

Today I had an 'emergency' physical therapy appointment. I have a chronic issue with my neck and shoulder--difficult child/anxiety related--and go to PT once a week. Well, my Monday appointment didn't do the trick and I haven't been able to sleep, so I had to make an appointment for this afternoon...and had to take the kids.

So, I've taken the kids to PT before and it has been okay. I just take a video and the portable dvd player. That was my plan today, but I FORGOT THE DVDs. Had the player, no dvds. I thought about cancelling, but the receptionist came up with some crayons and coloring books. easy child generally was happy with that. difficult child was not. He was wild...and belligerent...and irritable. It was awful. He spent a good portion of the appointment rolling around on top of me as the PT worked on my shoulder.

The PT deserves combat pay. She was very kind about it and is well aware of our situation. She knows exactly why I have all of those knots in my back.

My shoulder is much better now. I'm glad I didn't cancel, but NEVER AGAIN will I take difficult child. NEVER.