My poor puppy

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Yuck LOL

We once had a post a long time ago on here about the "anal gland" problem. I have owned dogs all of my life and had never heard of it.

Am not sure I even want to know what caused it in case I get a board jinx..

Marcie

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sometimes they do get impacted. When they start scooting on the ground, it can either mean worms or impacted glands -- at least that's what I was told.

It's really not hard to take care of if they are plugged. See, you just.... oh, well nevermind! You just let me know if and when you ever need a lesson! :rofl:

KTMom91

Knock on wood, Bud hasn't had that particular issue. My Lhasa did, repeatedly, till we finally had the glands removed.

I'm sure the pup feels better now.

donna723

I've been really lucky with my Bostons - neither one has ever had a problem with them, but a lot of them do. If they get really bad, they can rupture right through the skin and it can come up very suddenly! I honestly don't think I could do it myself. I'd have to be hauling them off to have the vet do it. Most groomers will do it to.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ewwwwwwwwww! Is most certainly right.

I swear I've never smelled something quite as foul......ever!

Molly has had that problem over the years. Especially when she was over weight.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Our cairns get their 'done' at least once a year. And Sophie had one rupture right through the area next door to the 'back door', if you know what I mean. It was a huge infection danger so we had to keep it clean - ugh what a chore.

Anyway, the glands are supposed to naturally drain when the dog has a BM, but sometimes, it just doesn't work out that way and that is when your dog will begin scooting (or gragging his behind) along your nice clean carpet. I call this the "Chuck Berry Dance" when my pups do it.

What a delightful morning topic. Hahahaha

4sumrzn

Bring the mailman or UPS guy around....my dogs find a way to "release" in their anger going after them! NASTY stuff!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Highly recommend getting him a stiz bath -

You can do this at home in your tub - poor dear I can't imagine being impacted, then rupture then full.....painful isn't the word.

Also - we keep antibacterial/aloe baby wipes by the door so that we can clean a hiney if someone has a messy potty. It helps to get that area clean AND must feel refreshing because my dog just smiles.....a lot.

Also - there is homeopathic remedy for analglad lubrication. I dont' know how well it works - but my sister uses it on her Sheltie to help do what nature won't.

Butts of luck to you ......er I mean BEST of luck. :tongue:

Amaze, I hope your dog is fully recovered from this unpleasant experience!!!

Jo, "Chuck Berry Dance", lol... My "favorite sanity saver" has done this "dance" more than once - It has got to be one of the worst smells ever!!!

Star, I keep a box of baby wipes by my back door too - I think you recommended this tip to me awhile ago for those nasty times when my "favorite sanity saver" steps in "poop" and tracks it inside. It's always best to be prepared... WFEN