My psychiatrist dilemma, cont'd

crazymama30

So I feel like I a writing a saga here, it is just never ending.

I got in to see difficult child's psychiatrist yesterday. I e-mailed him on Tuesday afternoon asking if he would be willing to see me without the deposit, he emailed back Wed morning that he would see me and all I had to pay was my copay (which I forgot to pay, by the way!) and his secretary called me to set up an appointment! I got in yesterday, left with a scrip for Zoloft and Vistaril (for anxiety and sleep). I did not help with sleep much last night, but does seem to be calming. At least I know I can take it during the day!

So for all of you who have put up with my whining and complaining, thank you and hopefully I won't be doing as much of that lately. The ad could take a while to work, but if the vistaril helps with the anxiety attacks that will be huge. I think I feel better just having the visit over, having resolution. I think I actually feel better with difficult child's psychiatrist than with husband's psychiatrist (though he is great too) as I have known difficult child's psychiatrist better. difficult child has been going there for 3-4 years, I have spent a lot of time in his office. I know how to get ahold of him, I know he responds in a timely manner (99% of th etime anyways), and he handled my wicked depressed sarcasm well! My verbal filter has been slipping lately, and yesterday was no different.

So thank you guys for helping me through the last few months. They have been from hades around here, and without my imaginary invisible friends, I don't know if or how I would have made it.

Imaginary friends ROCK!

flutterby

Fly away!
I'm really glad you got in...and so quickly....and that you feel so comfortable with this psychiatrist.

Vistaril knocked me on my hiney - but most antihistamines do. I'm glad you can take it during the day, too.

And never apologize for coming to us. You're not whining. You're reaching out to friends for support. It's why we're here.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
IMAGINARY???!!! Okay, we won't take offense, but lady we are VERY real! If you ever get a chance to come to one of our "gatherings" you will never forget it! :D

I'm glad you got in and feel good about this new support resource you have! You're right, it will take a while for the Zoloft to kick in. But sometimes just knowing there is someone you can turn to for help is calming in itself.

And don't worry about the series of dramas in your life -- we all have them and that's why we are here... to share and listen and understand and hopefully learn from eachother. I'm always eager to read the next chapter in everyone's lives!