My quarterly husband gripe.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ok, I love my husband.

Sometimes.

He helped some while I was sick. Took the kids to school once when I asked. Stuck the dishes in the dishwasher. Fixed his own food.

I've been out of bed for 2 weeks and feel pretty good. The house was a PIG STYE. Christmas decorations in boxes stting on the counter, the computer was buried in 2 months worth of papers and mail, tupperware containers haven't been put away in at least a month, laundry barely washed and sitting in baskets everywhere, etc.

My mom has been here half of the past 2 weeks to help. Every day she was here, busting her 70 year old butt to help me recoup this disaster, husband sat in front of a screen the entire time he was home from work. Computer, tv, one screen or another. And he wonders why I'm not feeling so "friendly". OMG.

To ice the cake, his mom overheard that I was going on a little roadtrip Saturday to pick up an appliance and wanted to go. I said yes cause it seemed like the right thing to do. It wasn't a terrible trip, but the things she said still make my ears smoke. Even tho the school has had so much trouble with difficult child (which she has heard thru the grapevine, by the way, not from us), she still doesn't think there's anything wrong with him except being spoiled. She carried on and on about how easy child 2's mom and other grandma dress her in "$2 ho" clothes, how awful they treat her down there, etc, yet when I made reference to her wanting to live with us, she immediately retorted "I hate to see her have to give up her mother." WHAT???? What does that mean? Was nothing new, just more of the same, which I really actually expected, it just burns my butt when I have to listen to it.

Next time she says difficult child doesn't have problems cause she can't see them, I'll tell her I don't beleive she needs surgery for her back, she's just fat and lazy, and a little will power will fix it. Ok, so I won't. But I want to.

Thanks for the vent.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
OMG Shari my Mom was that way for sooooooooooooooooo many years with Travis. Once we had a huge fight over it. She'd started on a bad day, and it had been building. I told her that when she could show me her medical degree, she could give me an opinion on Travis' dxes. Until then, I didn't want to hear another word.

For a long time after that she never said anything. She slips every now and again......but for the most part she is finally realizing what we've known all along. She just had to pull her head out of the sand.

As for you husband...........I could loan you mine. Then any time you feel sick, he'll instantly become to ill to help at all. :rofl: (ok, so it's really not funny)

Glad you're feeling better. I hate the catch up cleaning after being sick.

((hugs))

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Next time she says difficult child doesn't have problems cause she can't see them, I'll tell her I don't beleive she needs surgery for her back, she's just fat and lazy, and a little will power will fix it. Ok, so I won't. But I want to.

I double dog dare you!!! I think you should say it!!! Oh pretty pretty please, say it for all of us, if not for yourself.

Say it for all the jerks out there who have made us feel silly for complaining about our difficult children and for all the teachers who have said, "She's just not applying herself" and for all the mom's, dad's, sisters, brothers, and friends and friends of friends who have told us that we're just "indulging them". Argh!

I'm sorry that after your long illness, you had to walk out to a messy home, a lazy H, and a big mouthed mother in law. You deserved better. Hugs~

eekysign

Sounds like my Granny. "Your mom just gives in to her on every little thing", "She's just a spoiled brat, and needs to be told no", "That child just thinks she can have every little thing her way, and you guys let her". GRR. What's strangest is that the woman has taken care of Sis several times in the past---but STILL thinks it's all just that my Mom lets her run the house.

Sometimes I honestly believe men have secret, invisible horse-blinders. Where they can only see what is directly in front of them. "Whoa, honey, how'd the house get so messy?". Hehe. Sorry your husband isn't living up to his best. :)

Star*

call 911........call 911
Personally? I would pretend I was helen keller,(early years) stagger over to her blindly, then reach out for her hand and sign the word -
I-D-I-O-T
I-D-I-O-T

when she signed back? I'd grab her head and nod it yes for her then spell it again -
I-D-I-O-T.

Thanks for the quarterly update - lol.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
To ice the cake...Omg, this is funny.

mother in law is a packrat. Major. 3 bedroom home that an additional 3 people can't sit down in, let alone sleep. 4 bay garage that you can't get a lawnmower in. Additional storage sheds that I haven't even seen the insides of...

husband gripes about it continually.

Last night, he grabbed difficult child's give-away hotwheels bag (cars he no longer wanted but were good enough to give to someone else). He went thru it and took out all the hot wheels brand cars. Why? Cause they're worth something. We're not giving those away. When I told them I didn't want them in my house, he said he was taking them to his moms to put in his hot wheels box to keep (she has every little car he ever owned - and difficult child isn't allowed to touch them.)

I'm so hosed, you guys.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Apparently, when she croaks, he thinks he'll get the whole place.

Which scares me more and more every day.

KTMom91

Will you have to clean it out?

I can SO relate to the "it might be worth something someday." There are two metal storage sheds in my very small backyard AND the two car garage that are FULL of cr@pola that "MBWSS." The only reason it's here on the property is because I threw a huge screaming fit about paying mini storage for cr@pola. I married Hubby for better or worse, but not for cr@pola!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I'm sure we'll have to clean the place out. My fear is, by then, husband will have aquired both his own crazy packrat habit (he already is to some degree) and the pattern of "I'm not a part of the family" will be established so I'll either have to shut up and live with it, or not move there with him. I'll worry about it when that time comes, but I really do worry that will happen. I can't live like that.

And I'll take that dare. If the opportunity comes up again, I will take it.

Last edited: