My ridiculous OWI was downgraded to reckless driving

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
They started in the late 70s/early 80s, and really took off in the early 90s. The 20 or so year old guy who came up with the idea and first started the whole bike messenger concept, is now a multi-millionaire.

BusynMember

Interesting. That was probably after I decided not to live or work in the city again. My final straws were a few things...getting robbed twice in two years, the scary people who would ask for money or offer me drugs both on public trans and while I stood waiting outside for a bus or train and not feeling safe even running from my car to my apartment if I got home from work and it was dark out. I have never before or since felt so vulnerable just because of where I lived.

Six million people are too many and even in Rogers Park, there was plenty of crime. And I was no hero.I spooked easily. Back then I was 20-23 and still very pretty and all kinds of strange older men would try to talk to me. It was better when I moved and worked in Morton Grove which was our pit stop before thirteen years in Des Plaines.