My sister bought a pig and a chihuaha this weekend

Lothlorien

She's insane. The pics are really cute, but she's exhuasted.

The pig is supposed to be a teacup mini pig???? It goes in a litter box.

The dog is 2 pounds. I'm not a chihuaha person at all. I've never really cared for them. Don't throw tomatoes at me! It's just every chihuaha I've ever met has been a nasty little bugger.

So, between the pig, dog, cat, & several snakes (her husband breeds them and sells them) she has a whole stinking zoo! I'm here in NJ laughing at her down in Fl. Just sayin....

InsaneCdn

The other worry is... are the snakes safe?

Grandpa always ran a pig or two with the cattle... because, if there was a snake near the creek, the cattle wouldn't drink. The pigs ate up the snakes...

Hmmm.... anybody else seeing the insanely funny sequence of improbable events with this?

Jody

Wow, I hate cleaning the litter box after a cat, but a pig, um hope it doesn't smell like the pig farms I've passed here in Illinois.

KTMom91

I read the heading, and was really curious about the punchline...

When I was on yard duty at one of our local schools, I happened to glance over at someone's yard through the chain link fence, and they had a pig. A really, really big pig. I was fascinated...forget the kids, I was watching the pig. This is a rural area, but this was also in a neighborhood, not out in the country.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
I hope she got the pig from a certified breeder - there was an article a while ago that people were buying these "teacup" pigs, cept they wern't, and grew up to BIG pigs.

Marcie

donna723

We had a few pigs when we lived out in the country and baby pigs all start out as cute little "teacup mini pigs" ... and then they grow up to be enormous pigs! And the ones we had got to be quite nasty tempered when they grew older and bigger. I hated those things! That was when my son was little and I was always afraid they would get out of the pen. A full grown pig can be quite dangerous! As much of an animal lover as I am, I wasn't one bit sorry to see them hauled off to be butchered!

I've never been too fond of Chihuahuas either. They tend to only like their owners and nobody else and can be foul tempered evil little sh*Tourette's Syndrome! As much as I love dogs, I've never really met a Chihuahua that I liked.

InsaneCdn

So you'll let us know when the snakes eat the pig and pup, right?

HaoZi... more possible, the snake eats the pup, and the pig eats the snakes...

Its a dog-eat-dog world out there... oh, sorry, not two dogs in this story.

Steely

She is loco to get either......let alone both. Yes you are right, she obviously has never had a difficult child!

Lothlorien

To answer all your questions...no, her kids are not difficult children. One is a little more difficult than the other, but not a difficult child.

Snakes are locked up in their tanks. My sister wouldn't have them if they weren't locked up. Can't say I blamer her. Yuck

Pig has all the papers. She did her research. It won't get bigger than forty pounds, unless she overfeeds it.

I have no clue as to what kind of snakes they are. I steer clear of them and that whole conversation. I hate snakes worse than chihuahas.

She's enjoying them immensely. The pig is completely litter-box trained. I think that is pretty cool.

I keep facebooking her jokes about bacon. I can't help it. Then, I'll call her and make pig squealing noises and she laughs.