My skin hurts!!!

F

flutterbee

I'm not talking soft tissue damage or a bruise. It's my skin. No rash, no anything.

It's on the back of my left thigh. Started in the groin area, went to the back of my thigh and buttock and is now going all the way down to the back of my knee. It hurts to sit, it hurts to walk and even if I stand and don't touch it, it still hurts - throbs.

Last week it was my right toes. Little toe and the one next to it. They felt bruised. Then it traveled up the side of my foot into my ankle. Next day it was gone.

Nothing helps. Naproxen, vicodin, ice, heat, nothing. It's miserable.

If I was a horse, they'd shoot me. Sometimes I wish I was a horse. :whiteflag:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ouch! Do the pain medications help it? I know it seems a bit silly to take them for that, but hey....when you hurt, you hurt.

F

flutterbee

Nope, pain medications aren't touching it. I have a lidocaine (sp?) patch around here somewhere that I might see if I can figure out how to get wrapped around without numbing my....ahem....nether regions.

And difficult child is being full-tilt difficult child tonight. I'm so NOT in the mood.

DammitJanet

Heather...yeah still awake...sigh...can you try getting in the tub and soaking in either hot or luke warm water? For me, hot works better but I know you say cold works better for you. Something has the nerves worked up to those areas. I know this is going to sound really stupid...but got any capscasian cream? Pepper really does help kill pain. Or aloe.

Ya know...Cory would say this is what we get for snickering at his redneck sunburn....lol. Going to my corner now.

F

flutterbee

I can't even pronounce that word, but no I don't have any. I do have some aloe, though. I just put on a lidocaine patch...will see if that does anything. It doesn't cover the entire area, by far, but I put it on the most painful area.

And we weren't snickering because Cory has a redneck sunburn. It was because he was crybabying about his redneck sunburn. :tongue:

susiestar

Roll With It
If the lidocaine patch help then ask the doctor to call in a scrip for EMLA (lidocaine/prilocaine) cream. There is also a cream called LMX4 that is just lidocaine. The pharmacist may try to tell you the EMLA cream does not exist or that it can't be gotten outside a dermatologist office. They are wrong. I keep it on hand for just this kind of thing. The pharmacy will problem have to order it, though the LMX4 cream is more likely to be in stock.

I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel.

Gentle hugs.