My son called me

Helpless29

I talked to my sons dad the other day, he has calmed down and said he wanted to work things out with my son & if they released him on the 28th he is willing to forgive and have him go back home with him & work out there relationship. Fast forward to today my son called , he sounded worried about where he would have to go if they released him on his court date, I told him , dad is willing to forgive him & willing to work things out& acourse there would be rules.My son wants nothing to do with his father& begged me to call his grandparents so he could go there. I tried to explain to my son they are old & don’t work & it would be to hard for them but he said that’s not true. I did call his grandparents & they said they know where they live is not a safe place for him. The neighborhood where they live , is where this all started with my son doing drugs, the violence etc & they don’t want to be the ones to destroy him because where they live is easy access to his drugs. My son knows living with me is not an option & didn’t even ask. I don’t know what’s going to happen , he could easily go back with his dad if released but won’t, why is he making things so hard.

Helpless29

Dads house is a safe environment & he not abusive , the problem is my when my son moved in with his dad at 13 teen, dad wanted to be the COOL DAD, he pretty much let him do whatever he wanted. Now fast forward to age 16 teen & dad is trying to to be strict & get control of our son & my son does not like it& feels it’s not fair. He pretty much blames his dad for everything. His dad recently just got into church & got rebatized , married a Christian women, My son also does not like that, he does not believe in god & does not like that dad has changed. The once Cool dad is not the same anymore

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I would say your son has no choice in the matter. Do not let him control the situation. He is a child.

His dad's home sounds like a good place for him. He doesn't sound like he wants to follow the rules of a Christian home and that could be the best thing in the world for him!

People can change and he needs to give his dad a chance. If I were you, I'd step way back and let the guys sort it out.

Hugs.

Helpless29

I would say your son has no choice in the matter. Do not let him control the situation. He is a child.

His dad's home sounds like a good place for him. He doesn't sound like he wants to follow the rules of a Christian home and that could be the best thing in the world for him!

People can change and he needs to give his dad a chance. If I were you, I'd step way back and let the guys sort it out.

Hugs.
I tried convincing my son to let things go & work things out with his dad, but he keeps saying he wants nothing to do with him. He would not even listen to what I was trying to tell him.He just flat out refuses ,and from our phone call my son is still trying to be in control. I think you are right , I need to step back , hopefully it works out

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Things always work out one way or the other. Not always the way we think they should but they do.