My son is 18 years old, and

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by kbrand0554, Jan 26, 2010.

  1. kbrand0554

    kbrand0554 New Member

    he was diagnosed with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD)/not otherwise specified while he was underage, but now that he is an adult that diagnosis will change, but he also has schizophrenia, and mild to moderate retardation, he is getting somewhat adultlike, but he still has loud fits, about wanting more food, and moreso about wanting his way about things.

    It has come to neighbors complaining about his fits, and that he scares them, yet he has never done anything to scare them, once their was a bi poler tennent who went off in the hallway with a machete, and was tazed by the police, but tennents arent affraid of him, and more over, he wasnt threatened with eviction.

    Well in order for me not to get evicted with my other kids, he had to be removed from my home, that is very hard, as I was seeking a way to become his guardian, he was finishing his last year of school, and about to graduate with his class, I still wish to be his guardian, but the social service agence wants an independent guardian. can someone please tell me more about guardianship?
  2. DammitJanet

    DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member