My son is dead.

Childofmine

one day at a time
Bless you and keep you. I remember learning about anticipatory grief when my sister died so many years ago. She had been sick a long time and according to the counselor, I had started the grief process well before she finally died. He said, you may heal faster than others in your family, so don't feel strange or guilty about that. As the oldest, I had helped take care of her as I was growing up, and I was inconsolable as the time neared of her death.

I'm certainly not trying to compare that to your pain, BG. But I thought the story might help you a little bit. Please know I am praying for you and would give anything for this story to have been so very different.

Echolette

Annemarie,

I guess our friendly masks come down now and we can use real names. I am so very very sorry to hear about your beloved, ill son Aaron. My heart stopped when I saw your post. You and I started on the forum around the same time, and I read all of your threads over time...I remember laughing about the "am I going crazy, I'm thinking of going to Colorado" one.

Thank you for sharing this, as you have shared everything. I will miss you. I will miss Aaron. I will hold both of you in my heart, and as the quakers at my sons' school do, in the light. May the Lord bless and keep you. I'll invoke all the blessings of which I can think. I don't know what to say or what to do to offer comfort. Just...we are here. We see you. We see Aaron. We are here.

Jo

Last edited: