my son is hearing voices

PiscesMom

He has agreed with his doctors to stay a few more days, to get more stable, and for them to get a outpatient treatment plan in place. They describe him as compliant, isolate, bland affect, and having poor insight.
If anyone knows how to get marijuana smell out of clothes, let me know. I have washed his clothes twice, and rinsed a bunch too. I am going to get vinegar - see if that works.

Teriobe

He has agreed with his doctors to stay a few more days, to get more stable, and for them to get a outpatient treatment plan in place. They describe him as compliant, isolate, bland affect, and having poor insight.
If anyone knows how to get marijuana smell out of clothes, let me know. I have washed his clothes twice, and rinsed a bunch too. I am going to get vinegar - see if that works.
Try vinager and baking soda together with detergent.

PiscesMom

Nothing has changed. He went back to dabs the day he was released. Then they never went to the follow up appointment that he was so invested in when he was in the hospital. He won't get any aftercare. He stopped taking Risperdal
I think he is wired differently. Maybe, I mean definitely, he would do better if his dad wasn't so permissive, otherwise he could never get his hands on any marijuana, which makes things worse. You need money for that. To get money, you have to work, which requires a lot of emotional skills he doesn't have.
He is angry, deeply self conscious in public, no talk of life beyond living with parents - it is like he can't even conceive of it. He does talk of moving to Michigan, buying a house on a lake, having a speedboat, an ATV. He thinks it will happen in a year, on the profits from growing. He has no money, no work experience, no high school degree. No life skills, apart from maybe basic survival skills. In the event of a disaster, he might do quite well. I don't know. There is a disconnect. He is intelligent, he does not have autism, just "symptoms." But it is like he is trapped in childhood. I guess the one thing from this hospitalization, is I realized this isn't something I caused. I tortured myself for years, wondering what i could have done. Looking back throughout his life, he has always been extremely obstinate, a bit innocent, pretty handy. It was there all along, maybe?
I feel so bad for him.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Pisces

You have done everything you can do. Where I am with my son and I told him this yesterday, I am living my life, loving him and praying for him.

Not much else I can do. We are not in charge of the lives of everyone that we love and we are not in charge of the universe either.

He is with his dad so he is safe for now. He is young and you don't know what the future holds. None of us do and maybe that's a good thing. I don't know.

Try to be good to yourself! You have earned it.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
The smell of pot used to just make me roll my eyes. Now it throws me into a burning rage. It is ill based so a good oxidizer and perhaps vinegar.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
Oh PM. That is so very sad. I had. I idea what dabs were until I looked it up. Poppers where what my son did. God how high do they want to get!? The psychosis if drug driven would subside if he could leave the pot alone. Pot and the developing brain...my heart aches. I am there with you. If it is a drug induced psychosis and he does not stop it may become permanent. And if it is a psychosis the drugs won't help. I am so sorry his father does not see this.

You have done all that is in your heart and ability to do. Big big hugs to you.