BusynMember

This can not be your sons whole problem, but autism slapped me when I read about him very young before the injury.

I know your daughter has it. It runs strongly in families.

Of course autism doesn't cause psychosis. Nor is it a mental illness.

I have known people who got psychotic on pot. It can trigger latent psychosis. I hope he quits. It is dangerous for some. Could he have used something else? Meth is famous for psychosis.

I just read the latter responses. Just got home from work so I am exhausted and spacy, but those thoughts hit me.

I know nothing about Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). Sounds as if he changed after that.

Please feel peaceful tonight. Your son is safe.

PiscesMom

Thank you all for responding.
I also worry about funds getting cut (the tax reform stuff) and him having no care. All this county stuff feels too good to be true. Maybe that is my anxiety.
Maybe with medications and a lot of support he will get better. Maybe he has trouble with emotions, and he is like anyone who gets angry because they can't communicate.
I have read everything I can on brain injuries, and diagnosis's. He doesn't seem to fit anywhere. And he doesn't have the sense to stop smoking. I always bring it up when he is in treatment centers, but it maybe gets forgotten? I will bring it up again to the program he is in.
Actually, when I brought him to the program, before taking him to ER, the psychiatrist met with him, and staff told me he thought it was more autism based than schizophrenia.
Later last night, I thought well its good he is hopefully permanently separated from his dad - living with him made it too easy to isolate and smoke a lot. Also his dad is just not a great person. I hate to say this about a person, and I am sure he has his reasons for not being able to connect with people. He is very charming, but he is not a nurturing person. I texted him to get my son's clothes together and leave them on the porch. My oldest daughter drove with me to get it, and I said Are you going to go in and say Hi to your dad? She said only if he sees me.
Another thing that is good is my son is no longer against medication. Before he was adamant - weed was the only medication he needed.
Maybe there is a lot to be hopeful about.

Copa - I am so happy to hear your son is doing good. I wonder if it helps these kids to age, maybe teenage hormones settle down and that helps?

Copabanana

pisces, the male brain in many actually takes that long to have the physiological capacity to mature i think at age 27 or 28. with my son it was like clockwork.