My store was robbed today...interesting.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm driving to work and decide to stop at Subway, which is about 100 yards from my store. I swear the swat team was there. They had the entire thing strung up in police tape, tons of cops, etc. So I thought Subway maybe wasn't in my plan.

I round the building and everyone is running around in a panic. Some guy came in and literally pulled an entire cash register out of it's station and dashed out the front door!! He took the whole darn thing!!:byebye:Those things are HEAVY!!

It took hours for the police to come as they were at Subway. (They probably snagged some lunch first.) They think it's the same guy. They're going through the video tapes. Talk about dining and dashing!!

The poor checker who was supposed to be at the station, but was actually out for a smoke break was sent home. Poor girl.:badmood:She's probably all of about 16.

What a day.

Abbey

klmno

Do you mean both your store and Subway was robbed? GEEZ- that is a desparate act.

If your store was robbed, I'm surprised he wasn't looking for your costumes!!

Seriously, I am glad you weren't hurt. I would have been jumping out of my skin. I hope they catch him. And what do they realy think a 16 yo is supposed to do to stop a theif like this? I would say her parents are glad she wasn't standing next to the cash register- job or no job.

mom_in_training

Yikes!!!! That would have scared the bejeebers out of me especially if I were 16. Poor girl. Glad nobody got hurt. It seems that people are starting to get more desperate with the cost of EVERYTHING going up. Did you all hear about the 4000 some gallons of fuel stolen from the tanks of a station in Burbank? (Happened last Fri) I just read a simular story where another guy took the whole register.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yeah...you try to hijack my cart and you'll be in serious trouble. No one gets my costumes.:angrydude::clubbing::nono::sword:

I do feel really bad about the checker. When the manager told her to go home, she broke down in tears. It wasn't her fault. He'd have probably taken it whether she was there or not. I think it's luck that she wasn't there.

Abbey

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
thankfully no one was hurt, it seems robberies and petty crimes are on the rise. Let's blame it on the price of gas, LOL

KTMom91

How scary for that poor girl! I agree, it's better that she wasn't there, she could have been seriously hurt.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so glad YOU were not there at the time of the robbery!!! And glad no one was hurt.

I hope they catch the robber. Truly sounds like a desperate act.

Hugs,

Susie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok...this gets more bizarre. I just saw this on the news. This restaurant, which I frequent several times a week (best Mexican food in Vegas), is just on the opposite side of my store from Subway. I could throw a stone and hit it.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8514758

Keep in mind that this is the most affluent area of Vegas. You wouldn't expect these kinds of things happening.

Abbey

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Well, at least I know it's not my difficult child, he's in jail.........It's eleven o'clock do you know where your children are?

Abbey, I'm thinking moving is looking better and better.........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay -

1 bullet proof umbrella AND CHECK YOUR BACK SEAT EACH TIME YOU GET IN YOUR CAR.

WOW - what kind of drugs do you have to be doing to rip a register OFF a counter, and HAUL it to your car? DANG SKIPPY!

BE CAREFUL!!!!

DammitJanet

Ok Abbey....we know this one will get solved because all they have to do is call in Grissom and his team! With the Las Vegas CSI crew on it there is no way these crooks can get away with it.

Dont the hoodlems in Vegas watch TV?

Mayeb that's why it's happening...the money is there?
Shades of Willie Sutton... (the bank robber who famously replied, when asked why he did it, "Because that's where the money is.") A whole cash register? Gives new meaning to the phrase "shop lifting".

Scary stuff -- glad nobody got hurt.