My sweet little girl

F

flutterbee

You know, Wynter is almost 14 and pulls some over the top typical teen/difficult child behaviors. But then there are days like yesterday and today where I realize she is still a little girl.

Yesterday we (Devon's friend, Devon's girlfriend, Wynter and me) took Devon to the airport. We had a lot of fun giving Dan a hard time about his driving (I should have taken my nitro :faint:), but we enjoyed ourselves. We had a lot of fun meandering through the airport - I hadn't been there in years and it's completely changed. They had a chocolate shop and I bought some white chocolate covered pretzels for Dan and some Buckeyes for the rest of us. On the way home, we stopped at CVS and got some facial cleanser, some makeup, etc. It was just a lot of fun being with the kids. They had this stuff called "Crack Creme". :rofl: It's for dry skin where it cracks, but, really...they could have picked a better name. Dan set it up and took a picture of it with his phone. We did nothing special, but we laughed all evening. While we were at CVS, Wynter came up to me and told me she's having a lot of fun. :D

Wynter really enjoys buying presents for people, but other than a couple of times no one in my family has offered to take her shopping (I can't take her shopping, really, if she's going to buy for me). I had a $40 gift card to Walmart and I gave it to Devon, asked him to tell Wynter that he had gotten it from work and that he knows she likes to buy presents and would she want it. (Yes, a fib, but I didn't want her to know it came from me and I want her to feel better about her relationship with Devon.) Devon was so cute - whispering to me about it afterward. About 5 minutes later, Wynter came to me and asked me what Devon would want for Christmas. Awww.

Devon's girlfriend took her shopping this evening (they're still gone). Wynter called me and asked what Grandad would like. I really only thought she was going to buy for Devon and me. I was really touched. Of course, my step-father is the hardest person to buy for and I told her I had no idea and to call Nana. After I thought about it, I called her back - she hadn't been able to get ahold of Nana - and gave her a suggestion. She had picked out a mug, but I told her that if she wasn't crazy about that present that I had another thought, etc. I talked to Devon's girlfriend and she said Wynter was doing really well picking things out and tracking the money. Wynter also had $10 that my grandmother had given her.

One of the times that my mom took Wynter shopping for us, Wynter had a Target ad and had circled items in it that she wanted to get me. My mom told me that she had that ad in both hands as they walked in the store.

She's such a sweetheart.

klmno

That is very sweet- it's moments like that that make us keep them, you know! (JK) Really, it is very thoughtful of her and I'm glad she's enjoying herself!

Jena

I love to hear about the good stuff. I"m glad you had that experience, it is true those are the moments that fill the cup back up again. :)

thanks for sharing that

meowbunny

Let me see if I got this straight. Wynter, our doom and gloom girl, had FUN????? And she admitted she was having fun???? Definitely a day to mark in our history books.

In all seriousness, she really is a sweetie. I just wish she could be so more of the time for both of your sakes. (And people wonder why I love Christmas so much -- it really does bring out the best in most of us.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather

When I met Wynter I knew she has a heart of pure gold. :D I'm awesome with first impressions.

What a sweetheart. But now, if she actually let you know she's having fun.......that might, might mind you, be the first signs of fading for the goth appeal. :rofl: Goth / Emo girls aren't ever supposed to admit to having fun. lol

Nice of Devon's girlfriend to take her shopping. Gives her time with someone more her own age too. Win / win. Sounds like she's putting alot of thought into her presents, too.

Next comes the exciting part of hiding and wrapping. :D

Hugs

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh how sweet! What a nice visual.

by the way: I am such a dork, I too took a photo with my phone of the *Crack Creme* and sent it to husband when he was in Chicago for work one time, he was out with friends... I thought it was SO funny. I was in the store by myself, chuckling, taking a photo of crack creme!

F

flutterbee

Thanks all. :D I'm just bursting with pride right now.

T - that Crack Creme was hillarious. I was the one that pointed it out to the kids. Seriously, they couldn't come up with a better name???

KTMom91

I'm so glad Wynter had fun shopping...sounds like a good day for everyone.

I've never seen Crack Creme...and I would probably stand in the middle of the store in hysterics if I did...but I did find Butt Paste at Target. Yes, I bought it. It was too funny not to.

klmno

I am soooo tempted to ask. But I am exerting ALL self-control that I can....

which basicly means that I will just wait for someone else to ask. :D
(This is pertaining to ktmom's post.)

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Okay Heather, now I want you to PRINT OUT this post so that the next time she's making you crazy you can read it and remember these times!

And you'll have to let us know if she wraps up a jar of Crack Creme and puts it under the tree for you! :D

F

flutterbee

Lisa, CVS. In the first aid aisle for dry skin.

I don't even want to know what Butt Paste is for. The things that come to mind are NOT appealing. :rofl:

Wynter had another good time tonight. They ate at Subway inside Walmart. Ashlee's sister is Wynter's age and she went with them. She's excited about what she got and is looking for boxes for the gifts - she doesn't want to do gift bags, she wants to wrap them. I thought about getting the other thing I thought of for my step-father, but she put a lot of thought into the gift and I don't want to make her feel like it's not good enough. She kept asking me, "Do you think they'll like them? Are you sure?"

We're going shopping tomorrow (groceries) and Monday (Christmas), Christmas Eve at my mom's and then Christmas Day here and we're going to a movie. So, she has a lot of good days coming to look forward to.

It's made me realize that we need to find more fun activities. She's really not picky about that stuff - not too much. Since I've been so sick, I haven't been able to do much - don't feel comfortable driving, can't walk for more than a few minutes, etc.

BUT, except for the inflamed parotid gland and some nerve pain, I appear to *almost* be in a remission!!! No pain with walking yesterday! And we walked quite a bit. I still get tired easily and was stiff last night, but I have felt better the last 3 days than I have in 18 months. Not 'normal', but so much better. If it was like this every day, I could live with it easily.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Thanks Heather. I'll pick some up. I might also look for the butt cream while I'm there. I haven't done gag gifts in a few years. They won't be expecting it. :rofl:

Glad Wynter had fun. Only problem with homeschooling is the kids can get isolated from such normal stuff when you don't even mean to. Nichole had problems with it too.

Also glad you're feeling so much better. I hope it continues. (yea!) So? What movie are you gonna see?? I want to see The Day the Earth Stood Still. I don't care what the critics say. lol I love the original and want to see this version to see how they did. :) Then of course there is Marley and Me, that one looks adorable.

F

flutterbee

We're going to see Marley & Me. I read the books a few months ago and it was hillarious.

meowbunny

That you're feeling good right now is wonderful news! Hope this is a turning point and that things are getting somewhat better.

I do want to see Marley and Me. I doubt I'll ever see the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still. I love the original too much and just can't believe they could do a decent job on the remake.

F

flutterbee

Well, that's much better than the things coming to my mind. :redface: But, what are these people thinking when they come up with these names?

Lisa - did you get the Crack Creme?