My Therapist Called

witzend

She says that she has retired, and is willing to see me one or two times if I think that will work for me, and that she has spoken to a trusted colleague who would be good for me. She doesn't mess with insurance anymore, she just consults from time to time to keep her license active, so she is not going to charge me. :) I told her that I really didn't know what to think, everything is going so fast. We may or may not have this life-changing thing happen shortly, or we may be stuck here for a while, and maybe nothing will happen. I just need someone objective to talk to who can help me to decide if I need more long term treatment.

I finally got out of the house last night after having been down with that stomach stuff from the antibiotics for so long. We really haven't gotten out of the house in ages, and I had almost forgotten how to have a good time or think independently, if that makes any sense. Between the bad weather and the sadness and the sickness I was really in a funk. It felt good to get out. But it also made me realize how much I have been limiting myself.

Oh well, I am seeing Dr. K on Thursday, and hopefully we can get a mental health plan going from there. I'm definitely going to talk to her about medications. I'll keep you all up to date!

T

TeDo

I am glad you got out to have some fun. I know what's it's like being stuck at home for whatever reason. I am sorry you're losing you therapist. THAT can be huge but hope everything works out the way it is meant to.

crazymama30

I am glad she called you, and that is great that she will see you a time or two and refer you on if you need someone longer term. it is too much to replay all the events of the past to get to the present.

Its good that you got out and had fun. Hand in there, all the changes in your life could be hard to deal with right now, even if they are good changes.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Sounds like some really great changes are afoot! Good for, glad things are moving in the right direction. As always, you're in my daily thoughts.

DammitJanet

Im so happy for you Witz. Seems like life is putting its energy in a positive motion for you now..right when you need it most. As they say, success is the best revenge. I think season tickets to the Panthers sound like great revenge to me. LOL. You could invite me!

DDD

Oh my goodness, I just "knew" she would get in touch if she were able to do so. Fantastic news!

Just to share a few hours with someone you are comfortable with, someone who is qualified, someone with a caring soul and sharp brain...WOW. Best news I've read in quite a while. Yeah, Thursday. DDD

trinityroyal

Witz, I'm so glad to hear such a positive tone in your post. And how wonderful that your former therapist is able to see you, and to refer you to someone else who can help you.
Fingers crossed that the good things continue.

buddy

Great news... I hope she is able to give you a little guidance and you are able to process some of these current big (potential) changes.

Really hope the job comes through for you! You deserve the best of everything.

TerryJ2

Wow, that is so neat! She sounds like a gem.
Nice that she gave you a referral, too. The best of both worlds.
Fingers crossed.

DammitJanet

I am already putting the good karma into action that you are already on your way here so that nothing can go wrong...lol. The only question is where and when. That way I will have an incentive to get out of the house and take you down to visit Star. I have yet to go down to see her in all this time.