my week

Steely

My week has stunk more than is even possible.

Something is wrong with me and I am having muscle twitches, loss of coordination, chest pains, tingling on my left side, etc. My doctor and I both agree it could be stress, but none the less, these symptoms are worrisome enough I am having lots of tests done - which causes me even more worry. Today she gave me some Xanax, and I felt better - but when it wore off - and when I was hungry - and it was end of the day - the symptoms came back. So, it could be heart, blood sugar, or stress. We will see.

Sat the employee that has been causing me so much grief in my 8 months at this company officially accused me of harassment. She completely fabricated this story that I physically blocked her from leaving a doorway. If you knew me, and my demeanor, you would fall over laughing. Seriously. Yet the whole thing is being treated as a very serious allegation........and I was reprimanded. I am freaked out beyond freaked that she will fabricate another story and that I will be fired. And even more bothered that in actuality this employee has been harassing me, and nothing has ever been done about it. But I get reprimanded for a false story?

I hope at least you guys believe me about this. Because everyone at work is so two faced I want to vomit in their face. I really, really think that life is telling me to move..........but that all seems so complicated.

Anyway. That is my update. I don't know why my life just gets more and more complicated and tumultuous every day that I live. Where exactly is the peace? And if my body is reacting so severely to my present situation, I better do something different, fast!

klmno

Steely, I think you should try to find another job. Not because I don't believe you- but because I DO believe you. This job has just caused you too much stress. I know jobs aren't always waiting right around the corner, and it might take a while, but shoot- at leaast you can hope for something better, Know what I mean??

witzend

I agree with KLMNO. You really should look for another job. If memory serves, you have never really been happy there. And there are a lot of painful memories from your time there. Being scrutinized by them is pointless, and not healthy for you.

I also absolutely believe you that you did nothing wrong. And that is why I feel there is no point in your going through this charade with them. It's not worth that much trouble. I feel like it is time for you to move on to something better for yourself.

TerryJ2

I'd third the motion.
It doesn't seem worth it. What a bunch of pains in the $^@&.
What kind of work do you like to do?
This could be a huge benefit and a life-altering change.

Don't tell anyone at work you're looking; they'll just use it against you. Be discrete.

Fourth the motion.

I do believe you.

More importantly, I believe IN you. And I think that your talents are being wasted on a very stupid company.

Hugs and more hugs.

nvts

Boy do I ditto all of the rest! That company is wasting the talents of a truly devoted employee that knows her stuff and does it well.

One attitude to adopt right now in the stress reduction is: think of your job as a winter coat. The second that you are "off the clock" no one is paying you to think about it. Hang it up on the tree rack in the corner and move on with the rest of your day.

Not being a wise-acre here, but have you considered the possibility of checking around for free beginning yoga classes? Sometimes finding your "center" and relaxing over that could be the stress release you need. It could also help you work out the kinks that you've been feeling.

Me? I'm too lazy, so I myself and searching to find the latest version of the old 1970's "Primal Scream Therapy" (if you were to listen to my kids - they'd tell you first hand that it doesn't work - they know from experience! lol!).

Seriously, look elsewhere for a job and give yoga a quick shot. It might let you relax a while!

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Steely,
Of course, we believe you. I ditto what everyone else has said about finding a new job. I'm sorry for your health problems and hope the tests can find out what is going on so it can be corrected. Hugs.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I guess this applies to your story - (the illogical thinking of these people does anyway)

I lived in a house with Dude and across the street were 2 little girls (twins) and a boy. We've remained in semi-contact and do the "catch-up" thing whenever we run across each other.

I loved those little girls - there Mom is schizophrenic and my house was a Snack/craft/play time emporium for them and their brother who was Dudes playmate.

Over the course of 12 years or so - one has had a child is addicted to drugs, the other had a child and is now working in a BBQ restaurant. I ran into the one at the BBQ restaurant and she told me how she had "plans" to be the MGR. She's had her sister or her sisters friends come in the restaurant and give the manager such a hard time that she's fired back at them and then they call corporate. THIS was HER PLAN to get the Manager's job because she needed more money for her and her son to live on.

She told me in detail how they systematically worked their way up the ladder on getting people fired and she was PROUD to tell me she will be manager in a month - to come and see her, she'll give me free food.

I've never been so dissapointed in my life - and while little shocks me - the level of manipulation in her life - reminded me of what you described in yours. The false allegations, the words...the stress these other people must have been under to quit and allow this girl to "climb" to the top.

Steely - you have so many talents- you're a gifted person, you're kind, you're warm and you are smart. So many others here have told you - move on. Find something else. If it's resume help you need? I'll help. I promise. But I really think you should start with the paper - or local craigslist and GET out of there.

THOSE PEOPLE DO NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT AT ALL TO CAUSE YOU STRESS. THEY HAVE NO RIGHT to MAKE YOU FEEL INADEQUATE.....and every day you are there? You give them more reasons to treat you like a door mat.

It's hard to even motivate yourself to look for something - and the job market isn't screaming for new people - BUT YOU CAN DO THIS. YOU CAN better yourself, your life and THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN CONTROL -

HOW those people treat you isn't in your control. HOW YOU ALLOW THEM to treat you IS. And by that I mean you DO have the POWER and ABILITY and BRAINS to get out and look for a new job.

You don't owe them even a notice as far as I'm concerned - maybe a week to let your new employer know you are considerate.

NOW GET OUT THERE AND JOB SEARCH - SOMETHING and SOMEONE will ABSOLUTELY TREAT YOU BETTER the MOMENT YOU BEING TO DEMAND RESPECT......

Steely

Yep...............I wholeheartedly agree. Time to move on. I feel it in my gut, soul, mind, body. I just need to figure out how to do this without adding even more stress to my life by job searching on my days off. I have to figure this all out, somehow...........
Star - yep - that is exactly what is happening to me. It is unbelievable to me how vindictive and calculatingly cold people can be. This girl is a sociopath..........
And yoga I have actually been contemplating awhile. I need something like that. Primal scream therapy actually sounds quite enticing;)