My wonderful visit!!!!

branbran

Hello all. My difficult child came home this weekend for a visit. With the exception of a 2 hour supervised visit a few weeks ago, she hasn't been home in almost a year. I was a nervous wreck, I wasn't sure she would be able to handle it. Boy was I wrong. It was fantastic, she was unrecognizable. We had such a nice time with her, we went shopping and went out to dinner, her and I slept in the living room and stayed up until 3am wathing movies together, laughing and talking. I was on cloud nine. I know it was only a 24 hour visit, but there was no outbursts of any kind, she was in a good mood, very positive and upbeat. She didn't even ask if she could go out!!! There were no curse words flying out of her mouth, that in itself is a major improvement as she normally has a horrrible potty mouth, much like a sailor. lol She used manners and showed everyone respect. Not to mention she looked beautiful. I know when the visits become longer and more regular we will hit bumps in the road, but for right now I am still beaming with pride and joy. I will ride this wave as long as I can. :smile:

God bless.

crazymama30

:bravo: :its_all_good: :thumb:

It is encouraging when these type of things happen, I hope you get to have more visits like that.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah!!!! What a great post to read!! I hope this continues for a long, long time! :thumb: :flower:

TerryJ2

Wow! That's fantastic! Way To Go.
I hope you told her how beautiful she looked. But I'm sure she saw it in your eyes.
Many more happy visits!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I am happy for you. I got very few of those "times" over the years but did remember to do this - get a journal for only happy things, and write down the date, your experience and how much you appreciated her.

When times are tough = get out the happy journal.

Having normal moments is so wonderful. Only 'we' could appreciate that on such a level.

Happy Happy day
Hugs
Star

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:bravo: :smile: :bravo:

I'm so glad you and difficult child were able to have a wonderful visit!! Hope she keeps up the hard work.

Doing the Happy Dance with ya! :dance:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:thumb: :its_all_good: :bravo:

What wonderful news. I'm so glad that you had such a good visit with difficult child. Hold the memories of this visit close to your heart.

Thank you for sharing this - gives me hope for wm.

What a wonderful thing for your mommy heart.

And we CD board aunties love hearing news like this. We eat it right up. Star is right, journal this precious memory.