Nana's Halloween Party Today

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ummmm. I went a tad overboard. :rofl:

The treat bags are so over full they started to tear. They may not hold up until the kids leave and I may have to switch them over to storage bags. lol

I've got a witch's pot (spell check is not helping me spell the right word...) full of gummy body parts, chocolate body parts, eyeballs (chocolate), pumpkins and candy corn. I have mother in law's haunted house the grands love so much (mine did too) filled with pumpkins and candy corn. Nichole made popcorn balls and is picking up carmel apples. Not sure what easy child is bringing over....she has a new obsession with mincemeat cookies. I'm about to pop some peanut butter cookies into the oven. And I'm thinking hard about the graveyard pudding thing. Doesn't sound hard except me and icing do NOT get along, never have probably never will.

I've got these plastic parts that are like Mr Potato head pieces to make pumpkins for the little kids that don't require carving. You just stick them into the pumpkin. Kayla decorated mine that way so I know it's not hard. I also have sticker faces to put on pumpkins too. So little kids are set. What doesn't get used will be saved for next year.

Games are iffy at this point. Katie and the kids aren't coming. And in all honesty the older kids were who I was doing the games for and now there will only be 3 older kids here to play......so dunno. We'll see. I could still do the eyeball bounce and the egg toss I guess. But the grands will be happy just playing with their toys. lol

And of course there will be pumpkin carving for those old enough. :D

Not quite your classic Halloween party. But not your average trick or treat Nana either. I imagine it will evolve over the years.

Because I think I just started a new tradition. :rofl:

donna723

It sounds wonderful, Lisa! I'm sure the kids will have a great time. And years from now the grands will be telling their own kids about those Halloween parties at Nana's house!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
cauldron! That's the word! I must've spelled it 5 times and spell check wouldn't correct it to the right spelling. lol

I hate it when my brain refuses to spell something I know how to spell. sheesh

donna723

Lisa, I think I love your party ideas so much because you're getting it back to what Halloween is really supposed to be ... good innocent fun for the KIDS! Like most things, some of the adults have almost ruined it for the kids any more and most people don't even take their kids out trick or treating anymore. This was one of our major holidays when we were kids and we had so much fun! My grandmother always made popcorn balls and I remember my grandfather spending days putting together little bags of candy (always with a few coins in them too) for the kids who came to the door on Halloween. They had as much fun as the kids did. So at least some of your grandkids will be able to share in the happy memories too.

DDD

Hope someone takes photos so you can relive the wonderful memories. Sounds like an awesome party! DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We had a blast!:bigsmile:

Stepto2 and Mr. Step and Jett joined in on the family fun. Have to say Jett is one sweet kid. And he and Darrin hit it right off. lol

Egg toss was a hit......they didn't want to stop playing. Might be because they were boiled so there was no yukkiness involved. hahaha

The kids had a ton of fun carving pumpkins and playing together........and munching on snacks and candy and later pizza. :frenkenstein::ghost::ghoul::jack::pumpkin:

Only 1 real difficult child moment to the day........... Aubrey got so excited playing hide and seek with Darrin she wet her pants at easy child's house. (before the party) Refused to use some of Darrin's clothes because well they were for boys don'tcha know. So Nana saved the day by making a quick trip to walmart for undies and a pair of sweat pants. :rofl:

I'll link pics soon as easy child gets them uploaded.

Good fun day! And now, Nana is exhausted. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sounds like a hauntingly good time......um.......TRICK OR TREET.......send leftovers to.....me. lol.

DammitJanet

Im glad you had a great time. I have sent my treat bags to the kids. Im sad, no kids for Halloween this year. Its one of my favorite holidays. I have yet to hear from Lindsay or Keyana about if they got the package for those kids. They should like what I got them...I hope.

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
It was a blast!

I got to play with lil Oliver, and so did husband (Mr. Step, :rofl:)... He is, as I've said before, like the Pied Piper, only he gives them back!

Jett carved his very first on-his-own pumpkin. I was so proud of him! Now I have to find a candle or LED candle for it. AND... He absolutely loved the other kids... Right on his level... It was wonderful to see him playing. Especially with the hard-boiled eggs. He, Darrin and Aubrey had a blast with that, till Aubrey broke the shell, then they took turns seeing who could really smash it.

Brandon and Aubrey did doll-stroller races up and down the sidewalk. And husband and Hound's 2 SILs just jabbered up a storm.

MORE than worth the drive! I'm wiped out, now, but it was awesome. THANK YOU HOUND!!!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm glad the kids loved it and that Jett had such a good time.

And I can sooooooo see Mr. Step and the sister in law's off in their world. Did he bring hot sauce? LOL

Can't wait to see the pics!