Nancy, how was your vacation?

DDD

I'd love to live vicariously hearing about the beautiful beach, the awesome food, the games of rummy etc.
The family probably would too. Hugs. DDD

Nancy

Aw thanks DDD, it's nice to be thought of ;).

The vacation was wonderful. We started out Sunday morning and drove to Columbia SC and stayed the night, I waved to Star on the way past her exit. Got into Hilton Head around 11:30am Monday and did some grocery shopping and sitting by the pool eating lunch until our rooms were ready. Just relaxed that evening and went to dinner at our favorite restaurant. As luck would have it it rained steady Tuesday and Wednesday, it never rains in HH so we were surprised. We still went to Harbour Town and walked around in the rain and to some of our favorite shopping areas and of course to the Salty Dog Cafe. Wednesday we drove to Savannah and walked along River St and went to Paula Deen's store and peeked in her restaurant. Stopped at a historic park and enjoyed the shade. I would have liked to spend more time exploring this historic city but we had plans to go to dinner with our nieve and her family who were there on vacation too coincidently. We had a lovely dinner with extended family.

Thursday finally husband got to play golf with easy child's boyfriend and easy child and I shopped a little and spent the day at the pool/beach. Friday was more of the same and we had a wonderful dinner at the skull creek boathouse with a fabulous view of the creek and marshes and awesome sunset. We left Saturday morning for home and drove straight through, stopping in West Virginia to eat. Had to take a long detour through the mountains and that added some extra time. The last three hours of driving was brutal but we all shared. Got home at around midnight and fell into bed.

It was a short vacation but wonderful to get away. I was thrilled to spend some time with easy child doing what we loved during most, shop and lay by the pool lol. We took some great pics and if I can figure out how to get them somewhere to see I'll let you know. They are on my fb but I don't know how to get them elsewhere.

It's always good to get back home and I am now helping easy child get her classroom in order. She got moved to kindergarten this year so we have a whole new room to set up.

Thanks for asking.

Nancy

Jody

Nancy,

Sounds like you had a great time!!!! Sounds like it would be a great place to live!!!! Oh why do I live in Illinois???

P

PatriotsGirl

Oh isn't Savannah just absolutely beautiful??? I can't wait to go back and explore myself. We did a ghost tour while there and it was awesome.

Hilton Head is gorgeous, too!!! My husband and I always walk the beach in the morning and one morning we saw a bunch of dolphins jumping in and out of the water!!

So glad you enjoyed it, too! :D

DDD

Thanks, Nancy. I'm so glad you all had such a nice time. That part of the Country is such a delight. I've never done HH but we stay on Fripp a few years ago. I love Savannah and Charleston...it brings out the Southern roots deep in me. Here's to next years trip! DDD

Nancy

PG it is gorgeous. I especially love the marsh area, the sunsets are beautiful there. I too love to walk the beach early in the morning and watch the dolphons and the birds that dive into the water head first to get fish, and the shrimp boats with all the birds following them. I love the Palmetto trees and the moss hanging from them. I love just about everything about HH.

I forgot to mention we took a boat ride to vanishing island. It's a sand island in the middle of Calibogne Sound very near the Georgia border that is exposed just for a short time at low tide and you can collect sand dollars and walk around. Then it disappears when the tide comes in and you are standing in the middle of water all around you for as far as you can see.

Savannah is so rich with history I'd love to go back and spend more time. River St was so interesting and we saw the underground cotton transportation routes. The whole time I was there I craved lemonade and rocking chairs and a front porch lol.

Nancy

DDD

Lol, you jest cain't beat them front perches, rockers and ade! Add the sound of the surf and that is heaven on earth.
DDD

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Someday. I swear, if I have to walk.

Meanwhile I'll live through you. Sounds fantastic. Glad you had such a great time.

Nancy

This was the first time in seven years we took a vacation. The last time difficult child was 13 years old and we knew we could never go away again with her, so while it was bittersweet we also had such a sense of relief and relaxation that we didn't have to worry about where she was and what she was doing. I can't even describe the wonderful feeling.

Nancy