Nancy...how's your pain?

Nancy

Ugh I hate to whine but geez louis it hurts. I went to my post op appointment yesterday and he took the bandages off and now I see why. It's pretty black and blue and swollen and I didn't know why the sole of my foot hurt so much until I saw how bruised it was. He had to shave off bone spurs on the top of my foot in addition to putting the titanium cap in the joint so both the top and bottom hurt. There isn't much skin on the top of your foot so it's uncomfortable and the stitches are pulling.

I'm walking a little more with the crutches or cane and each day it feels a little better so I'm hopeful. I'm just doing advil for pain and it's manageable. It throbs badly if I don't keep it elevated but all-in-all I think it's going to be OK. I hope so because I have to have the other one done and I'm not looking forward to that.

easy child has been a big help and a lot of company with husband out of town and I'm thankful I have her.

Thanks for asking.

Nancy

Sounds like the foot recover is progressing! I've had a few knee surgeries and it is rough, esp on crutches because you lose both a leg plus the use of your arms! Remember lots of ice, it really helps!

A

AmericanGirl

Yikes Nancy! So glad you have easy child. Hoping for more progress every day!