Nasty Virus Darn It

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Hits you fast. No real lead up time to it at all. One day I was fine, next day my lungs are full of super thick mucus and so is my head. Horrible headache and fever to go along with it. I caught it from Darrin and Brandon. I'm hoping it's not gonna last any longer with me than it did with them, but sometimes I have trouble throwing off respiratory viruses.:faint:

I sound like I'm dying when I cough.

Still going to school though. No way to I dare miss a day. OMG could only imagine how far behind I'd be!!

I'm still trying to get organized. Never had this problem before. But our PRAC 101 class is actually 3 classes in 1; terminology, fundamentals of nursing, and nutrition...and they seem to like to give you multiple chapters per class. I think I've got like 6 books or so for just that. Then there is Human Diseases, 5 chapters plus all the questions, and drug calculations I think that one was 4 chapters.

I *think* I'm finally starting to get organized, but my brain isn't working on full throttle at the moment by a long shot. :sick:

Then I think of my classmate H with her 5 little kids (easy child's hs friend) who hasn't had time to even start the work..........and I try not to complain. I don't know what she's gonna do.

Just hope the cough medication I got works in class or everyone will be annoyed at me. Gawd.....and tomorrow is from 9-4pm. *groan*

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hope you are feeling better soon. I've had the cough part of what you are describing for about 2 1/2 weeks. Be sure to get yours checked out if you need to. difficult child was hacking like husband and me but his turned into pneumonia! Take care.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I had it too, it's been 3 weeks today and the cough is *almost* gone. It's a virus, unfortunately nothing you can do except hack for a while... Sigh.

The good news, though? You will sound like you're dying for about 10 days then it's a dry cough.

However, take care of yourself, pneumonia is NOT WORTH IT...

KTMom91

After spending three days with first graders, the virus got me. Right now, I have the body aches, sore throat, and stuffy head...no cough yet.

I'd send you some strength, but I don't have any to spare. Chicken soup and orange juice, though, I have plenty of. Feel better!

M

ML

I have it too and stayed home. Might as well have gone to work because I'm cleaning lol. Oh well, with the scare of H1N1 I think my office mates will be glad I took a day out. Hope you feel better soon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The day didn't get off to a great start. I woke up this morning and just could not stop coughing. I was in one prolonged cough for 45 mins. Made me late getting out the door. But I took my cough medication, tylenol, my vitamins........and forced myself to go. Driving was an adventure as I don't think I was getting enough oxygen. I felt mega stoned like you do when on pain medications. I hardly recall the trip to school.

Most of class the cough medication worked so that wasn't bad......except it's not great when everyone tells you that you look like death itself. The medication wore off with about an hour left.......that cough started again, bad enough to scare the instructor. A fellow student rescued me with cough drops. I came home and put myself to bed.

husband said if I feel like that wednesday he's driving to and from school.

But easy child is having a fit because I won't go to the ER. Ummm sorry, don't have hours to waste sitting in the waiting room hoping not to catch something else while my immune system is already down.....and no money or insurance to go to the doctor.

OMG I don't want pneumonia again. I'm forcing myself to eat, drink plenty, and resting more than normal.

I'm looking forward to that dry cough part. I'm 5 days in already.

On a side note.........it makes trying to write a paper on the immune response somewhat entertaining........what I'm thinking and what my fingers are typing don't seem to be the same thing. :rofl:

flutterby

Fly away!
Don't mess around if you think it might be pneumonia. However, I've had a bad case of bronchitis that made me feel like I wasn't getting enough oxygen. It lasted for weeks.

Water is the best expectorant. Drink up!