National Corndog Day!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
MArch 22 is National Corndog Day - a celebration of basketball, tater tots, beer and corndogs!!!

You can register to host a NCD party and you might get FREE corndogs from Foster Farms Corndogs.

They also mention that there is a vegetarian corndog made by Morningstar Farms.

We are planning a party - maybe here at the house, maybe at the Parish Hall.

Just tickled my fancy when I found this.

Enjoy!!

Susie

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Take a hotdog, insert a wood skewer lengthwise through it. Dip it in cornbread/muffin batter, and then deepfry.

They are usually eaten with catsup for or mustard for dipping personally.

By me they are a rotten thing to do to perfectly good corn bread, but they are very popular at country fairs/carnivals, etc.

Holy good gravy do I LOVE corndogs.

in my humble opinion the only reason to go to a carnival.

Well those and the funnel cakes.

Hey guess what? I'm hungry.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've been limping along with a wobbly dog. My poor German Shepherd has come up with the equivalent of MS in German Shepherd Dogs, so we've been dealing with that.

Other than that, I've been lurking all along, but there's been too much potential of late for me, being as Aspie blunt as I am, to get in trouble<g>.

I'll try to contribute more, but will try to stay out of the <usually religious> stuff as best I can.

trinityroyal

Clearly I'm a very sheltered girl.
Stupid question number 2 coming up...

What's a funnel cake?

(If it involves cake I'm sure it's delicious, but since I don't know what it is, I can't crave it properly)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Hm...funnel cake... Its a sweet treat, also at fairs and carnivals, made from a batter kinda like a doughnut, maybe? It is created by pouring the batter over hot grease in thin streams from a funnel, so that it is a "lacey" looking creation. Once its fried, powdered sugar is sprinkled over it, and you pick apart the "lacey" pieces and it is wonderful, greasy, fattening, sweet, and to die for....

trinityroyal

Oh!

Holy Cow, that sounds delicious!
Donut batter! Deep fried! Icing Sugar!!!

Sign me up!

Thanks for the explanation. I have to get out more often.

4sumrzn

I'm so glad I'm full from lunch. All of this yummy food talk would have made me dive into the snacks or maybe take a trip to the store to load up on the corndogs & anything else that jumped out at me!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm not sure I possess a fancy 0R even if it could be tickled.

Thanks for the "link" get it...hotdog...link?

(insert I wish I were an Oscar Mayer weiner song)

:tongue:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Holy cow...have you guys been living under a shed your life? Who doesn't know what a corndog or funnel cake is? (Just poking fun at you.):sheepish:

FYI - I love hot dogs, but could NOT eat a corndog. Ugh. I'll celebrate in my own way that day.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am still waiting to hear if I will get a big ole box of free corndogs. If I do we will take it to church and feed everyone!! But if now free corndog boxes arrive, then I will celebrate at home with a few friends and my family. Either way, any excuse for a celebration!

Susie