Native remedies

H

HaoZi

I see links to become an affiliate or distributor.... I'll pass, that waves red flags at me.

Malika

Don't know anything about that, Hao Zi. My friend (who doesn't have any connection with the company and is not trying to sell anything!) just mentioned it to me as they sell natural remedies for hyperactivity, etc.

H

HaoZi

Natural does not always = good and safe. Ricin, arsenic, hemlock... those occur naturally, too. Do a lot of research before you buy anything like this from any company, and keep in mind that because it's a "supplement" our FDA is NOT regulating what's in it, if what is in it is what the label claims is in it, or if it's any kind of effective at all.

Malika

Yes, questioning and researching are good, whether for alternative or conventional "remedies" :) I wasn't actually thinking of trying them myself. Our doctor here prescribed some homeopathic drops for hyperactivity a while back that has had... absolutely no effect whatsoever, as far as I can tell! Idem for the Omega 3 that he has been taking faithfully for about 2 years! But that is obviously not to say that they do not work for others.

Josie

I tried them for my daughter and didn't notice much, if anything. One of them did make her more irritable and volatile, but then I found out it had gluten in it. She reacts badly to gluten so I'm thinking it was that and not a bad reaction to the other ingredients.

Like you, I know someone who swore by them.

H

HaoZi

We do buy and use Omega-3 supplements from mercury-free fish oil. It does make a little difference (not a miracle, but noticeable) but mostly we take them for physical health. Ditto magnesium at night.

karmadestiny

Hi guys, omega 3/6 should help children with behaviour issues...I have just bought 'eyeQ' for my son and hope it will enhance his concentration and mental alertness and maybe calm his system down aswell...the other thing I'm trying is afew walnuts every day...Apperantley they're the best nuts for the mind and body...seeds like melon seeds, sunflower seeds and sesame seeds are all very good...it is very difficult to buy anything thats 100% pure nowadays we must do our best to do what we can to help our children...I've tried giving my son a small handful of mixed nuts and dried fruit before and it did make quite a bit of differnce to his behaviour but he became quite bored with them after a while...this time I'm gonna space it out a little bit and not give themt o him every day but every few days...I know it will help:)! x