Nebraska anyone?

ctmom05

Our oldest is planning on relocating to Ord, Nebraska. Being from Connecticut, I don't know a darn thing about the area he is going to.

Any folks from the Ord area hanging around here, that can fill me in?

VickiL

I don't know anything about Ord, but I've been in Nebraska a few times. Very lovely, rolling hils, very green and the people are very, very down to earth and friendly. At least in the small towns we were in.

muttmeister

Ord is about 3 hours NNW of me. It is getting toward cowboy country. It is a small town, a little over 2000 people. The nearest larger town is Kearney, home of one campus of the University of Nebraska. It is probably a good hour away but around here that is considered close. Probably most of the economy is based on farming and ranching.

As a life-long Nebraskan, I can tell you that people here tend to be friendly, helpful, very independent, and, often, a little eccentric. Most small communities are not very racially or culturally diverse, although we have a fast growing hispanic population. Schools in Nebraska are usually excellent. Housing costs tend to be low but you have to drive to get to everything so transportation costs are high.
Don't know if this helps but maybe it gives you some idea.