Need a little help... postal stuff

tiredmommy

Duckie's little cousin is in pre-k outside Raleigh, NC. His class is doing a Flat Stanley project. You don't know who Flat Stanley is? Here's some info:

http://www.flatstanley.com/about

He sent his Flat Stanley to Duckie and she's been having a blast snapping pics for a scrap book and making a slide show. She would like to include a map to show the route he roughly took through the mail from NC to NY, but I can't find anything online. She's determined to make sure that her little cousin has the best Flat Stanley project ever so I'm here asking for help, lol!

H

HaoZi

I don't know the route, but I recall Flat Stanley. :) Kiddo's Stanley went to FL.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
How about on map quest? You can edit directions to use several stops along the way. I loved the Flat Stanley project!

Or, if you belong to AAA, you could get a trip tick or some maps from them about various stops along the way!

klmno

What a neat idea! I have no clue though- except if you stop by the post office they could probably tell you. And she can snap a photo of a postal worker or post office while she's there!

KTMom91

I love Flat Stanley! I was thinking Google maps, you can get directions from town to town, and print it out.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I wonder if you could call the post office and explain if they could at least give you the towns it would pass through, then you can google the rest.

I remember back when the kids were in school, they had a Teddy Bear (don't recall it's name) that they brought home and had to tell everything they did with the bear. the kids had a blast with it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Sounds to me like... Any stops along the way would have had anecdotes added??? Just wondering...

SRL

UPS does a better job at showing tracking the USPS. If you sent it back UPS he could maybe watch online where it's going for the trip back home.

LittleDudesMom

I would suggest mapquest as well. Put in the address he was mailed from and then your address. It might not be the exact route, but for Stanley, it's close enough.

And I love the idea of sending it UPS and tracking it!!!!

Sharon

SRL

I just remembered that my husband took Flat Stanley to the White House. He had his picture taken in front with him.

DammitJanet

Well how soon is flat stanley due? You could have him do a scenic road trip home.

But if you give me a decent idea of where YOU live and I know where Raleigh is....then I can give you an approx. map.

Such as if you were in NYC...the route would be from Raleigh heading east on I40/440 beltloop until you veer off to straight I 40 east. When you get to I 95, turn North and head approximately 9 hours to get to NYC. You will pass through Richmond VA, Washington Difficult Child, Baltimore Tunnels, Go on the NJ Turnpike and go over the George Washington Bridge before you turn off and into the parts of the boroughs.

InsaneCdn

If you belong to AAA, I'd order up a TripTik... and include that print-out with Flat Stanley...
If you don't belong... have Duckie call them (rather than on-line), and explain what she's doing and ask if they could help... Given AAA's support of kids in other ways (incl. school patrol)... you never know.

SRL

Well how soon is flat stanley due? You could have him do a scenic road trip home.

But if you give me a decent idea of where YOU live and I know where Raleigh is....then I can give you an approx. map.

Such as if you were in NYC...the route would be from Raleigh heading east on I40/440 beltloop until you veer off to straight I 40 east. When you get to I 95, turn North and head approximately 9 hours to get to NYC. You will pass through Richmond VA, Washington Difficult Child, Baltimore Tunnels, Go on the NJ Turnpike and go over the George Washington Bridge before you turn off and into the parts of the boroughs.

This just gave me an idea--TM, have the kiddo download google earth and he can take a flying trip between the locations, including diving in close to see the sights. It's very cool.

Mattsmom277

Some good ideas here so can't really add any new idea. But I love Flat Stanley and was thinking it might be pretty fun to have a CD Flat Stanley!!

Anybody interested? I could make a small website for tracking him and members could send me their pics to post. It would be neat to see different places and we certainly have several members is places most of us will never see. Not to mention wide spread members across North America. And as members take holidays we could probably get some great travel photos. I think it would be pretty neat.

tiredmommy

Duckie has decided that to have us create a map using Google Maps. We altered the route so that we show Stanley passing through Washingto Difficult Child (it was only about 50 miles off). She'll create a page for each of the major cities showing fun things to do. She'll include a scrapbook of his adventures here and a slide show on dvd.