Need a small appliance? See my difficult child. Turning into a RANT

mstang67chic

Going Green
He gave the neighbor our coffee maker and the neighbor didn't even question where it came from.

Granted, said neighbor is an IDIOT but OMG.

That particular house is owned by E who is a normal guy. He has a roomie B who is the idiot. B can't hold a job, works half ____ed when he does and is just an idiot. Apparently the coffee maker in E's house broke and B asked difficult child if he knew anyone with a coffee maker. difficult child said sure!, came home, grabbed ours and took it over.

We don't use it that often so obviously it's fine to give it out to the neighbors.

I've been noticing things disappearing more than usual around here. I bought a big jug of apple juice last week. Gone.

Bought a tub of frozen cookie dough from a neighbor kid. Gone.

:919Mad:

I don't care that he may be trying to help someone/people. I really don't. He's been told for YEARS to simply ASK. That's it...just ASK. Nope. He won't bother....he just does.

husband is in now talking to him. I heard difficult child mumble something and heard husband say "We've heard that before". I'm soooooooooo tired of hearing the same old koi come out of that kid's mouth. (See previous post about not believing him). I've told him over and over and over that I don't want to hear him say he won't do X, Y or Z anymore. I want to SEE it happen. He doesn't get it or doesn't care, I don't know which. At this point....I honestly don't care either.

He's our son, we love him but I can't wait till he is out of this house. I can't wait till I can leave my OWN bleeping things lying around in my OWN bleeping house without worrying about what's going to disappear this time. I can't wait till I can leave the house without worrying if I forgot to lock the DEADBOLT on my bedroom door. I can't wait till I can unload the piles of stuff I have stored in my room because it's the only safe place in the house. I can't wait till I can buy nicer things again and know that they won't disappear. Things like bath towels, silverware, sheets, blankets, etc.

I.

Can't.

Wait.

SRL

Apparently the coffee maker in E's house broke and B asked difficult child if he knew anyone with a coffee maker. difficult child said sure!, came home, grabbed ours and took it over.

We don't use it that often so obviously it's fine to give it out to the neighbors.

My difficult child brother would have done this, in total innocence.

Once when he was in high school he was in the school play and asked my mom if they could use our chairs. She said sure...and when she arrived at opening night discovered that our oak chairs had all been spray painted black. :bigsmile:

mstang67chic

Going Green
With difficult child....granted, he may have (in his mind) been helpful BUT....he also KNEW we would be mad. Which is why he lied to us when confronted. And also why he, after finally fessing up, said he lied so we wouldn't yell at him. :slap:

aninom

I feel you. Nobody should have to live under siege like that!

On that note, if you want any of my things, I'm giving them away - want to part with them on a dignified note before difficult child gets here makes me. It's one of those things where, no matter how small the item is, it still tears up that one additional little scab about not being respected, not having your rights to own basic household items respected.

We should all chip in to buy you the best bedsheet set the world can offer the second he moves out!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhhhh Luke......(insert DarthVader breathing) I am your Father......

No wait....wasn't it last week that Dude said "WOW you have a lot of Stuff in YOUR room, Leemmeee see what I need in here." then threw himself across MY bed in his gasoline soaked, filthy grease covered clothes and started searching through the boxes of stuff I keep "hidden" under my bed, in my closets, in my locked filing cabinets, in my storage bins and then announced that I should give him these things he had gathered up in his hands because....he didn't have any. :surprise::confused::mad:

We can't keep - razors, shaving cream, cookies, potato chips, fix a flat, scissors, tape, Mean green cleaner, windex, (okay who am I kidding ANY household cleaner) deodorant, body soap, car cleaning supplies, cleaning rags, towels, washcloths, soda, bottle water, fishing gear, camping gear, All hell who am I kidding......if it can be picked up? It will walk off.....get sold.....or be traded or pawned. The kid even sells clothes we buy him and shoes.

We have locks on every door in the house....except the bathroom door, and the ONLY thing in the bathroom is 2 bottles of shampoo, conditioner and girl stuff. That's the ONLY thing he'd leave alone. My toothbrush? Used to scrub his tennis shoes and then replaced....yup. So now my toothbrush is used and locked in my room.

And then there's our locked rooms. The first day he moved back? He broke a CD and tried to use it to pop the lock into my locked bedroom. Not joking. When I walked in and caught him doing that? He got angry and stormed out. I left again, drove around the block - he had a ladder up to the window and was trying to use the OTHER 1/2 of the CD to slide the window lock open. I mean COME ON. So now all the windows are double locked.

All I can say is......THANKS Dude - because wherever he gets in - whatever he takes, whatever he "loans" or trades to the neighbors, friends or sells of mine has made me SO aware of what COULD be stolen that our house is now so locked up and protected and proofed. Even food......it's sad, but the only thing he 'could' give away is our appliances and food. When those start going? Then it's over. I have a spare parts car in the back that runs. Well IT DID RUN....DF went to move it.....and it would not shift. Now.....we drove it home, we've moved it all Summer, back and forth to mow.....we've been taking parts off it, moving it....and we know it runs.....left the key in it too. Dude comes home to live and WHAM.....says "That's MY car." .....Um....no. Did you earn the money for it? (no) Then all of a sudden he's there 2 weeks......car won't shift. WTH? DF is livid. BUT we ask him very calmly if he just maybe sat in it and dry shifted - which would mean we only have to unbend the forks in the ....no big deal....easy fix..if he drove it when we were not home in the yard and jammed it? Bigger bad news...just tell us so we know where to start. DENIED IT......OMG who drove it the dog?

So yeah - I have more keys on my ring that Mr. Jingaling....and I sound like I'm one of those women who want to be important with a carbiner an 100 keys on my pants at night clanging around the house. Now when people come to visit.....?? My house looks like we're so poor we can't afford Dollar store trinkets to decorate with either. I have books 100's of books but he won't touch those. Apparently thugs don't buy books. :tongue:

So I feel your pain.....and I raise you a Quesillada maker, and a toaster oven.

Never said - did you get your coffee pot back?

mstang67chic

Going Green
Wow Star, you actually leave YOUR shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom? :bow: Even I can't do that!!! I have all of my stuff in a little tote that I carry back and forth. The only thing of mine in there are my pads. And quite honestly, I'm surprised THEY haven't come up missing. (knocks furiously on wood) Actually I think the only reason he hasn't come up with a use for them is because he knows what they are for and it grosses him out. Partly because of their purpose and partly because the purpose is associated with his MOM. (insert difficult child here...EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW) (HA! Quick side story....husband asked difficult child if I was a MILF. I about lost it and difficult child turned green. :rofl: )

Yes, we got the coffee maker back. Idiot said "I didn't think there was a problem!" even though he KNOWS how difficult child is. Normal neighbor didn't know a thing about it. Probably because he spends most of his time in HIS OWN house, closed up in his room because of idiot. I don't know how he does it. I was talking to him on Facebook after all of this ....poor guy....I was doing a lot of ranting and venting to him and I didn't use "bleeping" like I did here. He just agreed with me and said a lot of "I know"'s and "that's not right". Well duh.

Now, if I could just figure out where all of the ladies coats and clothing has come from. :slap:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry! I don't think I could have stood it for so many years with-o having gone difficult child myself and gotten rid of EVERYTHING Wiz owned that anyone might want. EVERYTIME he brought something home.

But, oh, wait ----THAT would be STEALING!!!!!

Did you make difficult child go and get the coffeemaker back? Did he give the coffee and filter and things away with it?

I wonder if he will give a roommates stuff away like that after he leaves your house?

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hmmm---

I don't know about appliances, but we are running out of glassware, silverware and small tools. I don't know where they go--but we have less and less of them every week.

So put me down for any of that stuff....

(I'm just kidding. I'm so sorry you cannot even trust that your APPLIANCES will be in your home when you return at the end of the day. Sheesh!!!)

--DaisyFace

mstang67chic

Going Green
I'm so sorry you cannot even trust that your APPLIANCES will be in your home when you return at the end of the day.
--DaisyFace

After all we've had disappear or be disassembled over the years...the appliances were NEVER on my radar of things to secure or lock up.

Silly me.

:slap:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can leave shampoo and conditioner in my shower NOW = because remember he shaved all his hair off.

I did the tote thing for years.

I did the pad thing too - until I asked him to wash the bathroom floor on night and he peeled 2 pads off, and......well.......YES HE DID.

I think THIS is how SWIFFERS got invented. Someone said it was a frustrated Mother who threw 2 disposable diapers on the floor and used her foot to mop stuff up. I digress.....it was my son with 2 Stayfree maxipads glued to the bottom of his feet. See? Now you know why I'm having such a fit over letting anyone sleep in my bed in Jo's post. I can't even be the only woman in the house and have pads...without being violated.

skeeter

I think THIS is how SWIFFERS got invented. Someone said it was a frustrated Mother who threw 2 disposable diapers on the floor and used her foot to mop stuff up. .

Since we make Pampers, Always and Swiffer, I bet you aren't too far from the truth!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OMG you guys have me spinning between hysteria and complete fear!!!
I am looking at my 2 little clueless kids who can't wipe half of the time and can never imagine them doing these things... but I know how the minds of G'sFG can evolve and it terrifies me!
I have a Kitchen-Aide that I have had for years... I will sleep with that thing shackled to my ankle if I have to!!!
And the Coffee pot? That is grounds for beatings, getting kicked out or worse!!!

I'll have to have a little bunker built with all of my special things, pads included!!!

susiestar

Roll With It
My kids would no sooner take the coffeepot than stick pins in me when I am already mad. They KNOW they would be homeless at best. Dead most likely. If I even NOW took my mother's coffeepot all civilization would end. She would be THAT furious. For a skinny short woman she sure is a terror. Can do more damage than Godzilla - and that is BEFORE she raises her voice!

I just bought new silverware and have told kids they will be beaten if it disappears. I count it about every other day. I thought about putting up a signout sheet for them for every time they got one. Mine have disappeared most of our dishes. Thank heaven plates are a quarter at the thrift shop.

I don't know how you handle this without killing him or kicking him out. I know you have fought it for years. Sending many hugs.

As for the pads, THAT would frost me Star. I would start putting my used ones on his bed for HIM to dispose of. Yes, I would. Gross as it is, it MIGHT connect to him that he had best leave THESE alone.

We have locks on every door in the house....except the bathroom door....

So yeah - I have more keys on my ring that Mr. Jingaling....and I sound like I'm one of those women who want to be important with a carbiner an 100 keys on my pants at night clanging around the house.

Only on this board have I found other people who can relate to this. I remember a couple years ago when I had a handyman come up to do some miscellaneous repairs. Took him about two minutes to get a confused look on his face and ask what's the deal with all the deadbolts.

And then there are all the locked boxes, cabinets, etc. Impossible to explain to anybody new on the scene.

I even had a little fridge in my bedroom so I would know I'd have a few things--like morning juice!

Maybe you could set up the coffee maker in the bathroom area by the sink, like in the motels?

busywend

Sorry if this was repeated above, but why don't you get in the giving spirit and grab difficult children IPOD or something and bring it to the same neighbor! Come on - he doesn't have one and he needs one. There is one in your house. So, it isn't your IPDOD, but it IS in your house. Right?

Let him REALLY feel the same thing you are right now.

Timer Lady--That's so funny because I almost typed the same thing. I just borrowed my Mom's coffee grinder and am about to go shopping for one for myself. Of course, if I had a less expensive option....

By the way, "not your IPOD"? Not so. Legally, a minor owns nothing, even if bought with "own" money. Cold truth. No less fair that his assumption that the coffee maker was his to give away, though.