Need advice about keeping easy child safe

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
from inappropriate computer use. I remember seeing posts here before so if it's easier please refer me to one of those threads.

easy child was on a site called i-sketch (wikipediaed it and they say it's like pictionnary). She somehow got on a chat site (part of i-sketch) and some 54 y. o. skumbucket asked her some very bad things.

We were out at the time.

Would something like Netnanny allow her to use this site while making it impossible to access chat rooms associated with it? She generally is a pretty good kid. I guess the perversions of technology are stronger than I realized.

DammitJanet

There are some good parental control programs. Check out CNET.com for recommendations. That is where I go when I want to know something about software.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
I'm hunting the creep down and offering him a bottle of Chateau de Vitriol.

easy child was none too smart. He asked her if she, well.., "pleasured herself?". Foolish girl replied "doesn't everybody?". She should have logged off right away.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Yup, she should have! Guess it's time for another chat with her about how to handle inappropriate situations, behaviors, scenarios, yada, yada, yada. Then quiz her to make sure it actually sunk in! :p She IS a teenager, afterall... which nearly qualifies her as a difficult child, just in and of itself!