need advice

Lothlorien

I was told by the lady who owns the natural market to get difficult child to a nutritionist and get her on some vitamins. Anyone have a suggestion for somethings to try until I get her there. She's on EFA and her regular vitamins prescribed by the doctor. What could be missing? I was thinking of giving her some B complex and Vitamin E, but what's the proper dosage for a 47 pound 5 year old? Is there anything else I should try?

It takes vitamins awhile to produce changes, so it might be prudent to wait for the nutritionist visit. Does your daughter eat a well-balanced, healthy diet. If not, you might want to sneak in some foods that are especially packed with nutrients and try to make sure she has some time outdoors every day.

Lothlorien

Thanks Nomad and typical teen. I went to the health food store today and picked up a really good Kids vitamin without any food coloring or corn syrup. Then I bought another supplement with DHA and EFAs. I picked up "Calms Forte 4 kids" also. I will keep her on it until after the holidays. It's got chamomilla and pulsatilla and a couple other things in it. I give her pulsatilla when she is congested. It's made by Hyland's and the Sinus formula works wonders for both my kids.

tiredmommy

Loth,
Duckie's been fairly easy child since starting her allergy shots and rotation diet. Of course, she still pretty whipped up due to the holidays. :rolleyes: I have to keep reminding myself that she has some unlearning to do. We're back to some quiet time, lots of snuggles, deep breaths, stretches and massage.
We have her on a multivitamin named Little Angels (no dyes, yeast, preservatives or added sugars) and a calcium/magnesium supplement named Animal Parade. They seem to be working well. It's very important that she be on a good supplement regimen due to her varying dietary restrictions. She has been a little bit more restless while sleeping lately, however, since stopping the "regular' multivitamin with iron. I'll probably need for Duckie to get a blood draw to measure her iron levels in the near future. :panic:
Personally, I think parents should get their own advent calendars. The gifts could be things like those sample-size booze bottles and chocolate. :laugh: /importthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif :laugh:
-TM

Lothlorien

great idea about the calendar. Samples of Xanax would work too :laugh: . I've seen a noticeable difference in her since starting the supplements. She is much calmer and able to focus on a task longer now. It's only been a few days and I am impressed.