Need all the help I can get.

Nancy

I know the power of the board is great so I am asking for all the good thoughts and prayers you can give. My difficult child has been in rehab for 28 days. She tried to leave today with a 26 year old man who left rehab recently and was there for cocaine, She revoked her consent to talk to us so all they could tell us was that she was leaving. Fortunately one of the counselors told this guy (and his friends who came with him) to leave their property and they were able to convince difficult child to call us.

After several calls back and forth she agreed to stay until tomorrow for our family counseling session. She wants to leave and she doesn't want to come home so I don't think tomorrow will go well. She claims she is going to go live with this guy.

I can't stop crying and I don't know what to do. I truly believe this is the end and she will end up on the street dead. Please think about us tomorrow.

Nancy

susiestar

Roll With It
Your family is in my prayers. I hope if she makes this bad choice that she will finally hit bottom and ask for help and truly mean it. Sometimes we must let them go, even if it hurts like all the fires of H***. You have done so much for her, and love her so dearly. I hope that someday very soon she will start to love herself and make better choices. Addiction is a truly ugly, evil thing.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I was thinking about you and your family. Just wondering how you are doing... my prayers are still with you.

Nancy

Thank you so much for your prayers, they worked because she has agreed to stay another 30 days. We found out Sunday that she stole four bracelets from the gift shop and has been involved in a lot of rumors about her having sex with several male patients. Drama follows her wherever she goes. Our family session was very draining and emotional but I think we made some progress. She is being forced to look at herself and her behavior. The treatment center agreed to let her stay but she is on probation. She has to go to the gift shop and return the bracelets and apologlize to the woman who runs it and to the woman who made them.

This treatment center is terrific. They have a great program and the structure is incredible. They take recovery seriously. Of course some of the residents don't but they are quickly identified.

Thank you all for thinking about us. This recovery business is very difficult as you all have said. I am trying to take one day at a time. I am reading Codependency No More and am looking for Al-Anon meetings in our area.

Nancy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am glad she has decided to stay.
Finding a place that works for her is so crucial. I have watched many of my relatives go through this for drug and alcohol addiction and it seems to only affect them or work if the program can reach them and have an effect, and that effect must be positive in their minds... even though we all know it isn't a positive thing they are going through.

I am praying that this is her continued progress towards recovery and healing. For all of you

A

AmericanGirl

Melody Beattie has helped me SO much! It is almost as if I hear her whispering the word 'detach' over and over in my ear. As much as we love our children, there is a lot we cannot protect them from. And I believe it is important to practice good self care even in the middle of the latest crazy event...if only so we can be well rested for the next.

So glad things went better today.