Need board juju for difficult child on Tuesday - Updated

Nancy

I'm anxiously waiting for an update too Kathy. She would be crazy not to see what an asset difficult child would be with her experience. I have good feelings about it today and I hope I am right.

Nancy

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child asked me to send a thank you email to the owner last night since her laptop was stolen. I did and have been checking her email constantly today but there has been no response. difficult child has also not heard anything.

I don't know if that is good or bad. Keep those fingers crossed.

Nancy ~ difficult child said that the owner had told her that one other person they had interviewed so far had about the same level of experience and that they had two more to interview. So who knows . . .

~Kathy

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, 10:19 pm and no calls or emails. I guess she didn't get the job. I don't understand why people say they will let you know one way or another and then don't follow through. It happened a lot to husband when he was unemployed, too.

It's just mean.

I am afraid difficult child will get so discouraged that she will give up and relapse.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Nancy

What is wrong with people? Employers expect employees to be professional but don't act the same. That discourages me too.

I would tell her to call her tomorrow, she deserves a response. I know you will try to keep her spirits up. The experience she is getting on these interviews will pay off.

Nancy

exhausted

Oh disappointment is so hard for our difficult children. I hope she copes in a healthy way. Is she talking about it with you?

DDD

Most importantly I am sending supportive thoughts your way and keeping my fingers crossed that difficult child accepts this as a sign of 2012's employment competition and not a reflection on her assets.

I'm not 100% sure if it is considered to be politically correct..but..I would suggest that she call the person who did the interview. Based on accumulated business experience I think it would not hurt a thing and might help. As an employer I appreciated when someone had the guts to call politely and say "I assume that someone else got the position I applied for?? I really wanted this position with your Company and hope you keep me in mind in the future. I believe I would do well and I admire your business. Could you share with me how I might have a better chance at attaining the type of position I want?"

I live in a small city (not applicable for difficult child, I know) and at one time I had almost forty people apply for a minimum wage job in my grungy little business. With all sincerity I told them "I will let you know" and guess what??, I just could not find the time to call thirty plus people. I felt so guilty but I just didn't have the time and I never imagined so many people would apply. It takes "time" to interview and it takes alot of time to keep a small business operational.

Hoping for the best. DDD

A

AmericanGirl

DDD, i agree. The feedback may be helpful. Sorry the outcome wasn't better. Hoping the next chance comes soon and has her name on it.

Kathy813

Staff member
difficult child said she was going to call them tomorrow. I will suggest that she do what you said, DDD. However, I still don't think it would be difficult to hit reply and say thank you but no thank you.

The good news is that she called tonight to tell me that she has another interview tomorrow at 6:00 with a salon that I had sent her resume to and still another salon replied by email and wants to set up an interview for next week.

Please keep that board juju coming ladies!