Need gift help

BusynMember

For reasons beyond everyone's control, myself, Jumper, J fiance and Sonic are going for a late Christmas to see Princess's fsmily next weekend. During Thanksgiving we all decided to just buy one gift for one person for Christmas. This does not include Granddaughter...she already got tons from all through the mail. It is just for the adults. There is a $50 limit.

The problem is we did not pull names. We are all buying one gift that can be for a man or woman and we will pick wrapped gifts, but can put it back and try another if we prefer.

Should be fun. Nobody will take offense. Lots of laughing. But.....

I thought getting an electric blanket would be good, but it doesn't sound so good now. Does anyone have a creative or just really good suggestion?

In advance, I thank anyone who has an idea. If not, I appreciate your taking time to read this. :)

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
UGH it’s hatd enough to buy a gift for a person you know let alone one for an unknown and unknown gender.

I am affraid I am not very creative and I would wind up getting a gift card for the movies or a variety of restaurants.

Good luck and let us know how that works out.

We used to have a Christmas party with friends years ago and we played a game where everyone brought a gift $10 value. We allcdrew a number and you could open a gift or steal a gift from a person who already open one.

ksm

I love my new bath sheet size towels... A couple of those and some nice shower gel and lotion would be a nice gift...

A popular cookbook with a spice set and kitchen towels/pot holders.

I would enjoy a heated a blanket. ksm

BusynMember

I thought of that but the restaurants in Wisconsin and Chicago are different. Same with nice stores. I will certainly let you know what I decide. Thanks for pitching in.

Ksm, thank you. Good ideas. Maybe I will do the heated blanket after all. Bed sheets are hard because everyone has different sized beds.

Littleboylost

My system cut me off. The party we had was a lot of fun. Numbers were drawn at ransone and of course the best position to be in was to be last as you had all the gifts to choose f on bar the last one underneath the tree. I should rethink about doing that this Christmas.

Could you go on line to check for a gift card for shops in the area near the family? I love gifts cards to shops I would never treat myself to.

The cook book and spices are a great idea.

We are using a gift card for the movies tonight.

BusynMember

Lbl, I would do a gift card except some live up here in mid Wisconsin and some in Chicago burbs so it would have to be to a place that is in both places. Believe it or not, that is hard! We have no different stores here, unless I do Walmart...ugh. I am thinking of a gas card or Starbucks card. I need something that both males and females can use. I don't want to put money on a bank card. That's just not personal.

Sam3

I like the heated blanket idea but how about one for travel? Or heated gloves?

(Can you tell I’m still in the Midwest?)

ksm

I thought of that but the restaurants in Wisconsin and Chicago are different. Same with nice stores. I will certainly let you know what I decide. Thanks for pitching in.

Ksm, thank you. Good ideas. Maybe I will do the heated blanket after all. Bed sheets are hard because everyone has different sized beds.

Not bed sheets... Bath sheets...towels that are about 36x60 + inches... Huge, cover you up good if you ever have to run from the bathroom to get something before you are dressed...

Littleboylost

Not bed sheets... Bath sheets...towels that are about 36x60 + inches... Huge, cover you up good if you ever have to run from the bathroom to get something before you are dressed...
I love bath sheets! And big bath robes. Especially when it is cold outside.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
Oh the heated blanket!

upload_2017-12-30_19-10-15.png

susiestar

Roll With It
What about a heated throw instead of a blanket? They are not as big as a blanket, so you don't have to worry about the size of the bed, and they are really cozy.

The other idea I have is an Angel Wrap. It is a plush wrap with pocket that you can sit around in, or wear. They are super comfortable and warm. You could put a gift card for amazon (for books) and maybe a reusable mug and a package of hot cocoa? The wraps are about $10 at Walmart, so you can add a lot to them. They don't sound fancy but they are very nice. As for gender, I keep finding hubby and Tyler curling up in mine. Jess and I are on our 3rd winter and we use them as coats as well as around the house.

susiestar

Roll With It
One thing my mom has done that is always a huge hit is a desk organizer. She gets round ones that spin and are tall. She fills them with scissors, pencils, pens, everything that you would find in an organizer, then she wraps them.

It doesn't sound fancy, but they are always a hit at gift giving occasions. She did one for a Dirty Santa and it was the most stolen item.

Littleboylost

One thing my mom has done that is always a huge hit is a desk organizer. She gets round ones that spin and are tall. She fills them with scissors, pencils, pens, everything that you would find in an organizer, then she wraps them.

It doesn't sound fancy, but they are always a hit at gift giving occasions. She did one for a Dirty Santa and it was the most stolen item.
Ha I have never heard the term Dirty Santa used for the gift parties I have gone to where you can open or take someone else’s gift. Hilarious.