Need ideas: How to tell your spouse about an unplanned pregnancy?

nvts

Hand him a pregnancy test and tell him to pee on it because yours came out positive so you need to see if they REALLY work!

Congratulations!

Beth

H

HaoZi

Say "Honey, remember that night (whatever date)? Well, there's been some lingering effects..."
Congrats!

Fran

Former desparate mom
My thought was having a really good night of practicing making a baby then telling him the good news.
Glad for you that it is an April Fools Joke. You are a real prankster.

3 shadows, you crack me up.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Honestly? I so bow to the queen! lol........

I'll just take back those baby gifts, and get myself a donkey.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl:

I was gonna tell you to hard boil an egg, wrap it in an itty bitty baby blanket.........and hand it to him and tell him you're adding to the brood. lol

When I had to do this with husband after his vesectomy when I popped up pregnant with Nichole I looked him firmly in the eye as his color turned ashen......Honey, I TOLD you they do that after surgery sperm count for a good reason. *sigh* After all, it only takes ONE. lol

Cute April Fool's, cracked me up. And 3 S I laughed myself out of the chair. S'all right, I can do that. Me and husband have been celibate for several years now. :rofl:

DammitJanet

I knew when it was Jean it was an April Fools day joke. After the first one she will never get me again...lol.

However, someone got a woman in a restaurant I was in this afternoon really good. Tony and I took Keyana out to an early seafood dinner and there was this rather large family sitting across the room from us. All of a sudden one of the older women, maybe about 5 years older than me, got a phone call from her daughter. She was obviously seriously disturbed by this call. She got rather loud and started saying loudly"What...come down! Stop crying, whats happened? I cant understand you, Is someone alright? Tell me whats going on? You sound upset!" The whole restaurant got very quiet because it almost seemed like she was getting bad news as if someone was hurt or dead or something. Then the woman burst out...OMG>..She did what? She won what? The lottery? !!!!! 16 million dollars! Then the woman starts excitedly talking to everyone around the table...telling everyone about how her daughter won and how exciting.

All the other patrons kind of passed these odd looks at each other like...WTH? Then we all kind of looked at each other with dawning awareness...we started mouthing to each other...April Fools...lol.

Suddenly the woman gasps...Oh my gawd! You said what? You mean what? You didnt? What? Aprils what? Im gonna kill you!

susiestar

Roll With It
LOL!!! Though I did let husband know we were expecting thank you by running almost over him (literally) to get the the bathroom to puke. We were stripping Wiz' room because he was hiding stuff in there and I found an old happy meal box with dead french fries and the mere sight of them made me sick. Then I told him it was ALL his fault because he was joking about one night being the last day to conceive the Millenium Baby. thank you's birthday truly was supposed to be either 12/31/1999 or 1/1/2000. Of course he came early though.

My Gma on Dad's side had the PERFECT April Fools Day joke EVERY year. My dad's birthday is April 1st. And just for good measure my uncle's birthday is April 2! We don't do a whole lot of jokes on the day because people expect them. So we do them scattered around the year when NO ONE expects them, lol!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Glad I was able to cause a chuckle or two. :bigsmile:

I pulled a prank on difficult child 1's lacrosse team yesterday, too. Earlier in the week, I posted on the team web site and FB page that Friday (yesterday) was the head coach's birthday. Word spread among the players pretty quickly, and by Thursday, many of them were preparing to sing to the coach after their game Friday afternoon. Even some of the parents were talking (though my friend and I quickly clued in those who sounded like they were going to go buy a gift or something), and the assistant coach called my friend to confirm it. We got his buy-in and he agreed to help get the singing started after the game.

When the time finally came, it was a delight to hear 20 young men serenade their very confused looking coach, who immediately began protesting that his birthday was actually in June. NONE of the players believed him! :rofl: This denial on both sides went on for several more minutes until coach finally started betting players for field sprints if his claim wasn't true. I eventually stepped in and had the boys gather around to use my phone to show them an "e-card" (YouTube video) I told them they'd want to "sign" for coach... The short clip played an 80's group singing Happy Birthday, then the coach's picture came up with words indicating they'd be prompted on the next screen, which was the grand finale April Fools message and theme song! Only then did most of them realize they'd been duped -- it was pretty hysterical.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

rlsnights

Thanks and glad to hear you have kept your sense of humor despite many travails along life's little byways.

I think I am cursed to be Eeyore.

Patricia

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe next Month? Everyone brings him a white-elephant gift and you have Happy Birthday all over again!? With cake!

TerryJ2

Nice one. LOVE ThreeShadows reply! LOL!
easy child said she was going to call and tell me she was pregnant. It wouldn{t have worked. Everyone does that to their parents on April Fools Day.
So ... I got her instead. Told her the one of her friends at another school saved a girl who was being attacked. He used his karate training. He has been in trouble for drinking, accidents, etc and I said his parents were so proud of him they were giving him back the car and a $5000 a mo allowance.
She called him up all excited, LOL!

I{m so glad I wasn{t on this board on April 1 ...